September 2012 Create Competition
The month is drawing to a close! Get your entries in ASAP!
I'm still waiting for entries from some of you that already admitted to having an idea for this. (If you've sent me something and I haven't replied to you, then I haven't gotten it.) I want to see those ideas fleshed out!

I will allow for entries to be submitted until I have the time to judge them some time this coming week. This means you still have time to start from scratch, spend a reasonable time (like an hour) on building a level and send it to me and still score some Chip Cup
points! And have a shot at naming our dog! If you are stuck for an idea, pick one of these:

-only use a 15x15 area with dirt and bombs, then send gliders or fireballs to in to destroy the right bombs.

-a room with yellow keys and red keys. First you need to avoid the red keys, then go into a room where you can get rid of some of them but can't have a yellow key, and then you return to the room and need to get all the red keys without touching the yellow ones. Add other elements for flare.

-a room with bombs and traps. Guide teeth (or other stuff) into the bombs, but not the traps. Then open the traps and send tanks down each column to check that all the bombs are gone. (Other obstacles there can make it quite complex so keep it simple to avoid busts.)

-A room where you can clone as many blocks as you want, and store them somewhere. Then press a button, after which you can't get any more blocks, but you'll need to use them for something. If you don't have enough, you can't finish the level. Works off course with monsters too!

-A room with trap buttons and blocks. Choose which buttons you want to activate with the blocks. Then in the next room you have traps in the same arrangement, but obviously not all are open.
Have you opened the right traps to make this room solvable?

(Like only having ice, traps, and some water in the second room, with skates and block cloners available, would create something I haven't encountered; so you'd have blocks bouncing around on the ice, and when the come on a trap, they only stop if it's not open, and you need to direct them into water.)

-A pop-up wall maze with toggle walls and tanks, but you have to press the buttons before entering the maze. Multiple phases in this one should work too (meaning you can return to press the buttons at some point). Can you get your head around which walls to use when?

-A crazy room with lots of monsters. The more chips or items you pick up here, the easier the level will be later. Or just the longer you stay in this room could make the difference.

-An area with teleports and some water. At first you have flippers and can bring in blocks to fill the water, but can't pick up any chips. Then you lose the flippers and the teleports are turned off as well, before you can get to the chips. (Use toggle walls or tanks to block the teleports while allowing access to the chips, but they can be activated only once.) Have you filled in enough water to reach all the chips?

This is your last warning
and reminder! Slight smile

Messages In This Thread
September 2012 Create Competition - by M11k4 - 06-Sep-2012, 10:34 AM
September 2012 Create Competition - by Flareon350 - 06-Sep-2012, 12:52 PM
September 2012 Create Competition - by Lessinath - 06-Sep-2012, 3:51 PM
September 2012 Create Competition - by Hornlitz - 09-Sep-2012, 2:24 PM
September 2012 Create Competition - by Michael - 09-Sep-2012, 6:58 PM
September 2012 Create Competition - by M11k4 - 11-Sep-2012, 2:00 AM
September 2012 Create Competition - by M11k4 - 30-Sep-2012, 12:58 AM
September 2012 Create Competition - by M11k4 - 09-Oct-2012, 2:52 AM