Ten Levels You Would Like to See in CCLP1
Quote:Straight Forward (Trevor Hedges): In racing games, there's a certain smooth "flow" to a track that has had a lot of thought put into its design. Trevor, who designs custom tracks for Mario Kart Wii, has obviously thought of that same "flow" in designing this CC level. It's only appropriate that I end this list with an epic campaign level. Slight smile This one is fairly easy and is placed right after a bunch of tutorial levels in Trevor's custom set; however, I think it's better suited for CCLP1's 30s or 40s. (If I had my way, I'd use Chip56's Chip Suey as the "tutorial review" level in CCLP1, providing it was voted highly.) One of the dangerous aspects of building a lengthy campaign level for CCLP1 is that the longer it is, and the more opportunities exist for failure, the more frustrating it can be to inexperienced players. This level is certainly long, but the tasks to perform are anything but frustrating. The linearity is refreshing, with a return to the start that just works.

Definitely true. I've never thought of it this way, but it definitely adds to a level's aesthetic feel to make sure it "flows" smoothly and is easy for beginners to understand. In Mario Kart Wii, a lot of custom tracks made by certain modellers will involve blind turns that require previous knowledge of the track layout to avoid falling off or hitting a wall, and in CC, the consequence of unforseen death can be much worse. I tried to avoid these issues in my CCLP1-worthy levels, and there is definitely a creative connection between many different games. Slight smile

Messages In This Thread
Ten Levels You Would Like to See in CCLP1 - by BigOto2 - 17-Feb-2013, 2:18 PM