Ten Levels You Would Like to See in CCLP1
Quote:It's exactly the posting milestones. Also, stop destroying my arguments. My "A Puzzle" point still stands though, since Yet Another Puzzle means there was one before, and Yet Another Yet Another Puzzle implies that puzzle was of the same nature title wise, so I really don't see why we should not at least consider that avenue. A reference is mostly always a winner.

I wasn't trying to say that making the reference was a bad idea, but only that we shouldn't be viewing it as a requirement. "Yet Another Puzzle" as a title accomplishes exactly what a title like "Yet Another Block-Pushing Level" accomplishes (in fact, there was a level with a similar title in EricS1): it's not referring to one specific level as a predecessor; rather, it acknowledges that there were multiple puzzles or block-pushing challenges that preceded it, and it's just another in a long line that's not a direct sequel to anything in particular. On the other hand, "Yet Another Yet Another Puzzle" is a direct sequel to its predecessor. (We named it as such because the original title was "The Last Laugh II," but besides the non-obvious solution, there wasn't much to connect it with the original. It was actually going to be the title of the level that eventually became "Investment," but we figured it more appropriate to attach it to a level by the same designer.) "A Puzzle" could very well be the name of a CCLP1 level, sure - but I guess I just don't see the need for it.

As for "Chip Alone" (which is a different case entirely): "Chip Alone: Lost in Chip City" originally had a "2" before its subtitle in its original set appearance. We had a bit of a debate on the CCLP3 staff about this one because on one hand, there was no Chip Alone 1 in a CCLP, but on the other hand, the level directly references a movie with "2" in its name and could be viewed as such instead of a sequel to a CC level. In the end, we decided to abandon the "2," much like the new Star Trek movies are abandoning numerical designations. This allowed the movie reference to remain mostly intact with the subtitle still attached while not treating the level like a CC sequel. So, if Chip Alone makes it into CCLP1, there's no reason to change its title. Slight smile

Messages In This Thread
Ten Levels You Would Like to See in CCLP1 - by jblewis - 02-Mar-2013, 2:31 PM