Ten Levels You Would Like to See in CCLP1
Quote:I wasn't trying to say that making the reference was a bad idea, but only that we shouldn't be viewing it as a requirement. "Yet Another Puzzle" as a title accomplishes exactly what a title like "Yet Another Block-Pushing Level" accomplishes (in fact, there was a level with a similar title in EricS1): it's not referring to one specific level as a predecessor; rather, it acknowledges that there were multiple puzzles or block-pushing challenges that preceded it, and it's just another in a long line that's not a direct sequel to anything in particular. On the other hand, "Yet Another Yet Another Puzzle" is a direct sequel to its predecessor. (We named it as such because the original title was "The Last Laugh II," but besides the non-obvious solution, there wasn't much to connect it with the original. It was actually going to be the title of the level that eventually became "Investment," but we figured it more appropriate to attach it to a level by the same designer.) "A Puzzle" could very well be the name of a CCLP1 level, sure - but I guess I just don't see the need for it.

Agreed. While it would be cool to have a "Puzzle" titled level I think it would be best to wait for a finalized list before making that decision, if a specific level really calls for it. Otherwise I don't see the necessity as J.B. explains.

For the Cypher level I think it would be best to put it at 34 to be consistent with the next levelsets, but I see no harm in calling it "Cheat Factory" or "Warp Station" or something like that that gives the hint to the player that there might be more than meets the eye. I agree with J.B.'s idea to update a version of CCLP2 with a new title for Cypher II, as I see no harm in modifying the continuity where needed.

Not sure why J.B.'s name isn't showing up in the quote bubble, but it could be an issue for just me. Edit: It came back, never mind.

Messages In This Thread
Ten Levels You Would Like to See in CCLP1 - by BigOto2 - 14-Mar-2013, 3:51 PM