October 2017 Survival Competition
It's been three years since the last Survival competition, so it's about time we had a new one!

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/642-%7B?%7D/

I combined all the previous Survival levels into this one set, with the newest one, #6 - Impending Demise
, being used for this competition. It's built by Lessinath, so a big thanks in that direction. It is similar in nature to the very first Survival level with some key differences that I'll let you discover. The objective is to stay alive as long as possible before the monsters get to you! You may play in either MS or Lynx.

The point of these competitions is to have fun and connect with the community. While that's the case here too, this is also your chance to try and see how crazy you are about this game of ours. There is no randomness in the level and there is no way for you to influence the monsters, all you can do is dodge. Then die and try again. I expect most participants to just send in a casual, maybe a decent effort, but maybe someone out there will go overboard with this and plan out an actual method to stay alive for way too long than is healthy. Don't feel pressured to be that guy. If you are that person, please only do it if you find enjoyment in it. The rest of us will then wait for the results. The deadline for your submission is in a month, November 12th
where you live.

Send in your avi or tws attempts to me at valeosote at hotmail dot com
. You may solve the level or die in the attempt, it doesn't matter, though it is easier for me to judge this thing if you send in a tws which does require you so reach an exit. I may choose to combine some submissions into a tie if they are close to each other by a few seconds (up to ten, and this clause is here so you don't feel bad about maybe surviving another second or two). I will strive to reply with a confirmation that I have received your entry and reviewed it. I prefer if you use your username and this competition in the email subject. Keep it short and simple, something like: "October Survival - Santa."

Ask below for any stuff that I didn't cover or is otherwise on your mind! Feel free to vent your frustrations and other feelings, but try not to spoil your actual score on the level.

Enjoy!

-Miika

P.S. Though it is usually implied, I feel specially obligated to point out a technical requirement for this competition: though you may plan out a method of attack and even use tools that help you in this, your actual submission is supposed to be played by you without any gimmicks. Just use your sense of fair judgement and ask in case you are thinking of something that may be borderline.
Results! I'll let the video speak for itself:

[Click to Show Content]
Quote:5 hours ago, M11k4 said:

<div class="ipsSpoiler" data-ipsspoiler="">
[Click to Show Content]

As far as i can tell, all of the BBCode stuff still works. The biggest differences are the default font and the way line breaks are handled.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam