Mind Games
This is the feedback thread for the level set Mind Games Slight smile

[Image: yHXnvUu.png]

[Image: aIKD86K.jpg]

Any feedback or review would be appreciated.
oooh! looks very exciting. I may, if it's alright with you, do a (blind) LP of this set, very soon!
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
A Let's Play sounds great, yet I'm slightly worried about your expectations if you haven't looked at the level list already (which you probably should do before deciding to go forward with it). Even though there are a lot of new levels, a lot of the levels come from Rising, Explorer's Delight and gm5, so it might not be entirely blind. I sent you a private message with some more details Slight smile
Mobius started his awesome Let's Play Chips Challenge 2 series of custom sets: Thumbs up

Bronco541

As indicated, he started with this set, which is fantastic feedback, and I'll make changes to the levels if necessary based on the LP Slight smile
And the first four episodes are out

Some words to each level which made an appearance so far:
Just for information, as always with my levels, all have replays included which can be watched in the editor...

BLUE EYED

[Click to Show Content]

SO EASY

[Click to Show Content]

GHOST TOWN

[Click to Show Content]

WORKING TOGETHER

[Click to Show Content]

SHIPS

[Click to Show Content]

SO 2

[Click to Show Content]

SYMMETRY

[Click to Show Content]

LINE

[Click to Show Content]

IT'S A MAZE

[Click to Show Content]

RED INK

[Click to Show Content]

TIME

[Click to Show Content]

SO 3

[Click to Show Content]

GREEN THUMB

[Click to Show Content]

SQUARES

[Click to Show Content]

NAVIGABLE WATERS

[Click to Show Content]

TORI

[Click to Show Content]

SO 4

[Click to Show Content]

Since I saw in several LPs in TW and CC a recurring problem with keyboard inputs:
Slightly simplified, programs get a key press event from the os if they have focus as soon as a key on the keyboard is pressed, and a key release event once the key is not pressed anymore. If the program looses focus, e.g. by a pop up from a program update, using the super key or clicking somewhere else with the mouse, and the key is released, the program doesn't know, that the key is not pressed any longer and the player will continue it's movement. The easiest way to fix this problem is to press the same key again, and release it, and the program knows, that the key is no longer pressed. So if you are stuck going left, press the left key again...
And for those who are might wonder why program X or Y doesn't have this behavior, either they are executing one action per signal, and therefore are generally not interested in a release event (most applications e.g. your writing programs,...), or they are using a global hook or direct x or their own keyboard driver...
Sometimes I failed to mention some things in my videos that are happening. Let me know if there is anything you have questions about that I didn't talk about.

[Click to Show Content]

[Click to Show Content]

also thanks for the keypress issue. I know someone told me this before but I forgot.

I have a 6th and 7th episode recorded. (it's not uploaded yet).

Currently stumped on "Phantoms". In episode 6 I'm stumped on one thing but I figure that out in the next video then I get stumped on another part of the level.

-Hakwin Rinzai

-'The Dude' Lebowski
Great episodes again Sunglasses

Some important ghost mechanics:

Ghosts with flippers can go over water tiles, with fire boots they can extinguish fire, with dirt boots they can clear dirt tiles and on ice ghosts normally make a 180 degree turn, with skates they will stop instead (nor really useful in phantoms, but might be handy to know later on).

I don't think it's that important to get every reference; the name tori just is the plural of torus, so not that creative in the first place as well as if you look at more than the topology of a torus not generally that accurate (<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">except it's a 2-torus embedded into Euclidean 4-space (or higher dimension) in a specific way or if the isometry is enough a fractal like structure* - or easier might be just flat doughnut) and it can be confusing to know a level under different names, so it might not change, but I'll think about renaming it Slight smile

*[Image: 20120426-flat_torus02.jpg]
I haven't had time to make any new videos lately; I will get back to it don't worry.

-Hakwin Rinzai

-'The Dude' Lebowski
Great to hear, I'm definitely curious to hear your opinion on a lot more levels and see them in the LP Slight smile

I made several small updates as described above and added a new level (no. 95) in Version 1.0.1 Sunglasses
I know it seems like I gave up or disappeared; I'm sorry. I haven't but I've been incredibly busy with real life and other games. I will get back to this and continue my videos and review. Especially/probably when the new CC2 editor is released/gets tested I will get interested in CC2 again. And I'll download the latest version you have. Also if I found busted solutions to any levels let me know and I'll go back to play fixed versions if they exist.

-Hakwin Rinzai

-'The Dude' Lebowski
Sounds perfect Thumbs up