Poll 3 of 3 -- Open until 2pm PDT Thursday, 5-4
Okay, okay, so this one is rather silly! Tongue

Just thought we should standardize!

Do you prefer "levelset" or "level set"?

Once we decide, then we can all use the same thing.

P.S. Polls 1 and 2 are more important!
It's Jan A from the early Chip days. I've been collecting user level sets since 1999, and am happy to share from my collection. Let me know what you're looking for.
I use the one-word version, and I think a lot of us do too. (Whoever wrote the descriptions for the "Level Discussion" and "Under Construction" forums does! Tongue )
Levelset is the cczone term. I guess level set are for those spell check kind of people.

I use levelset
Every once in a while i'll use the two-word form, but usually i use the one-word form.

Quote:cczone

I try to say "CC Zone" (or "cc zone" if i'm too lazy to capitalize).
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
"Levelset", because it's a single concept in itself. However, I actually prefer the term "series", because CC series these days tend to consist of more than just a set of levels (especially in CC2).
Good point, Architect. But I think "levelset" is already too ingrained in the Chip world. Slight smile
It's Jan A from the early Chip days. I've been collecting user level sets since 1999, and am happy to share from my collection. Let me know what you're looking for.
I face this struggle every time I type it. And scoreboard. In Finnish we have clearer rules for when to form compound words. I haven't seen "levelpack" used, so why does "levelset" seem ok? At least it's not level-set.
Quote:Good point, Architect. But I think "levelset" is already too ingrained in the Chip world. Slight smile

I know. Doesn't stop me from trying to promote "series", though. Slight smile

Quote:I face this struggle every time I type it. And scoreboard. In Finnish we have clearer rules for when to form compound words. I haven't seen "levelpack" used, so why does "levelset" seem ok? At least it's not level-set.

I would prefer "levelpack" over "level pack", for the same reason I posted above.
Maybe we've been looking at this wrong the whole time. Maybe "levelset" is a series that was created by the alien who kept trying to go home.