EricS-CC2 discussion
I have started a CC2 level set. It has 11 levels.

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/497-erics-cc2/

At present it should be considered unstable. Levels may be changed/removed/reordered in future releases.

This thread is for any comments.
I haven't gotten far on the set, but I gotta say, I really like the opening puzzle to Task at Hand Slight smile
My levelset: https://forum.bitbusters.club/thread-1491.html
Any feedback is much appreciated! Slight smile
Wonderful set. I solved all but one level.

#1: This one was very reminiscent of Joshua Bone's variety levels in late-CC2, which were among my favorites of the main game. Great applications of the new tiles.

#2: Personally, I thought this was short enough to be somewhat enjoyable, but I could see other players hating this one Wink

#3: Wonderful concept and just the right length and difficulty.

#4: Haven't solved this one, due to the ghost room. If and when I solve it, I don't think it will be among my favorites. The mimic room feels a little uninspired.

#5: A really neat dodging level, but I don't feel the grey button part adds much.

#6: Great concept and very fun to figure out.

#7: I assume this is supposed to be a red herring-type level, but I figured most of it out during my initial run. Some of its concepts are clever, but I didn't feel too satisfied after solving it.

#8: Surprisingly enjoyable. Solved it on my second try.

#9: Another great concept and the difficulty is just about right.

#10: Deceptively difficult and definitely entertaining.

#11: Oh man, this level. Finally figuring out what it was actually about was amazing. Great presentation. You may want to fix the middle buttons on the left sides of the OR and AND rooms, which aren't properly wired.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Thank you both for your feedback!

I've uploaded an updated version that fixes the wiring on level 11.
  • The Task at Hand: The first room is a nice challenge, but it made the rest of the level feel like filler. I feel both parts would benefit by being in separate levels (not necessarily by themselves).
  • Need for Speed: Nice speed challenge. Nice secret, too.

• Confused Predator: Great concept. It actually felt a bit short to me, but i don't mean make that room longer.
  • Worlds: Mimic room is fine. Took me several tries just to get enough time to figure out the bottom room. Perhaps that room should merge with the first room of the first level?
  • Ghost Train: I don't mind the grey buttons, but i would like this more if there were another exit at the beginning. The third trip after getting the x2 flags is pretty unnecessary. Otherwise great level.
  • Greedy Twin: Great concept. Took me a few tries to realize i need all of the keys in the second room.
  • Strange Dance: This one felt a bit underwhelming, even though i didn't get the flippers
    the first time. Would've been more interesting if i actually needed to lead a teeth back to the start

[Click to Show Content]

• Count the Monsters: Nice concept. I like how you don't need the exact number unless you're optimizing (and even then...).
  • Outatime: Nice level, with appropriate room for error.
  • If Only... 2: Meh. It's a nice level, but for some reason i don't care for it.
  • Sheffer: Nice puzzle. Not important, but the button under the right block in the start room has extra wire sticking out its south side.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
How did you beat Strange Dance without getting a teeth to the start?
I had to look at your replay to see what you meant. It's all thanks to the extra recessed wall.

So with that in mind, that's actually a pretty clever level.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Quote:I had to look at your replay to see what you meant. It's all thanks to the extra recessed wall.

Stares at the level a while ....... until...... Fail

Yeah, that'll definitely be changed in the next update.