J.B.'s CC2 Levelset Feedback Thread ("Centennium II" Under Construction!)
Only After I started playing this pack I realized this version of Centennium II is available. Fail I'll try that out soon and give feedback! That level "Axis" you have a clip of--looks like a very cool concept! can't wait to try it. Slight smile

-----

I never played your CC1 levelset [except those I remember from the voting of CCLP1]so these were new to me. and it was a very nice levelpack! I didn't finish it yet. But I might start playing Centennium II before finishing this.

All the levels are laid out very nice and both look good and work well. You make good use of decorations like the "random unnecessary fire". You also have a lot of simple yet very cool mechanisms, I don't mean complicated trap or clone set ups just layouts of the various tiles in interesting ways.

The tutorials were very well made; I think this sort of detail is very helpful in the game. As opposed to fewer tutorials covering less, I plan to do something similar in my own levelpack. Your pack would be good for a beginner.

Grey Matter: I solved the level but didn't figure out the rule; can you tell me?

Sundance: I remember this one from voting, and I remember thinking I didn't like it because it was difficult to see where you needed to go; the custom floors really improve that.

Shambles was an interesting and tough one. A different kind of sokobon.
^shambles, Minipyramid, Falling, and problem solver were favorites of mine.

Colorful Archipelago: is there actually a way to get to the flippers?

Waterwways is a nice concept but I thought the whole level was a little too big.

Exit Wounds: this level confused me quite a bit and I won pretty much by accident. I don't think I got the idea and either it's busted or just easier than it looks and the concept went over my head. After wondering around and examining all the fake exit areas I just popped into the lower teleport area and exited via the green key. I don't understand how you 'use the keys to find the ext'. EDIT: after thinking about it I guess by exploring and using all the other keys you open the way to the exit?
If I understand the mechanism correctly; as is; I think it's too easy to stumble on the solution. Or maybe I was just lucky.

Cut to the chase; this was fun. It wasn't too difficult like I find a lot of levels like these. I liked the ending part too.

Take a Walk: another great one. Somewhat complex hodge-podge level but not too complex. First play through I botched the beginning but didn't realize and went through most of the level until I realized I didn't have the green key and was looking for it until I realized it was back at the beginning. Fail
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
Centennium II

Overall I really enjoyed this pack Slight smile

Warm Up: I like the subtle reference to Pidgeon Holes.
The hint doesn't work [looked in the editor to see there is no hint] is this a mistake?
Anyways; a great level; requires a little thought, isn't as simple as it first looks. the bonus was fun to get too.

Chrismas tree: another nice one, a good 'artsy' level.

Round trip. Again, not too easy but not too hard.

Splitsville: awesome concept. I love logic puzzles like this, and the possibilities with switches are endless.

Pandemic: another awesome level. Gets intense near the end. The plethora of blocks ease the difficulty. My strategy was to always carry a block around with me even if I didn't have to so you're not easily trapped.

Sokobom: very cool concept. It took me a while to realize you could move the blocks around to help. Getting the bonus is tough; haven't figured out yet.
Personally I've been having trouble making good levels themed around the time bomb. This was good inspiration.

Train of thought: this one is a lot harder than it seems at first. It's a great concept but a little frustrating.

It's pretty crazy to keep track of what monsters are coming up next while switching tracks. If I had a suggestion/criticism I think the main issue is that the time between what monster you see in the center teleport room and when it comes down the track is too long. While it allows time for you to switch the tracks; it means you have to remember two different monsters ahead of time at the same time. I kept forgetting which monster was currently coming down because I was watching for the second next monster in the teleport room.
The only thing I can think of right away would be to somehow put all the buttons closer together so you don't have to walk around too much while switching tracks.

Also the wait in the beginning is a little long I think; once you've explored and played a few times you don't need a wait in the beginning like that to prepare, imo.

Axis: As cool as I thought it would be from the picture. It took me just a little while to remember the rules and not keep messing up. But after that it was very fun.

Now You switch it: another cool concept but I thought the level was a little too large. I also don't seem to be good at spotting the traps; so that was a little frustrating.

Manifest Destiny: very cool level, and complex, haven't beaten it yet; will take me a while to figure everything out and plan a route.

And the 1-time only gate mechanism is cool. I have trouble making the type of mechanisms I want because I'm not real good with boolean algebra so I've been relying on playing other people's levels to see how certain things are done with the logic gates.
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski