3-click downloads
Every time I download something I'm bothered by this, but I don't download things very often so it hasn't been worth mentioning. Now, with the CCLP1 voting packs, I have to say something.

This is ridiculous.

I click the link I want. Then I click "download". Then I click "download" again. Then I wait 5 seconds. Then the file finally downloads.

To top it off, you have to be logged in to download pretty much anything.

Am I too impatient?
You might be a little too impatient...
Sewiouswy, Pom-Pom, whewe is that CCLP4 I so want?

~Chipwoodstock
Chip Win
The third download click and 5 second wait weren't always there... I figured it was a new requirement by InvisionZone since I'm not sure why Tom would've added that "feature"... Slight smile
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
Quote:The third download click and 5 second wait weren't always there... I figured it was a new requirement by InvisionZone since I'm not sure why Tom would've added that "feature"... Slight smile

I said on the newsgroup why. It's to save monthly bandwidth on the site to keep costs down. I understand why it would annoy some people, but is logging in and waiting 5 seconds that bothersome? I agree on pieguy's one click download idea though. I'll see if there's a way without additional coding for now to do it and put it in my future suggestions list.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Just out of curiosity, how does it save bandwidth? Seems like it woukd take more by loading the extra page...
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
Quote:Just out of curiosity, how does it save bandwidth? Seems like it woukd take more by loading the extra page...
AJAX?
Quote:I click the link I want. Then I click "download". Then I click "download" again. Then I wait 5 seconds. Then the file finally downloads.
The first click shows you the info page. I believe the second one exists to lets you choose between multiple files (for the same version of the same ... uh ... "file") - I once accidentally re-uploaded one of my files in a certain way that caused this to happen, that's why I know such a feature exists ... I think ... The 5 seconds delay is probably to prevent impatient multiple clicks on the Download button (plus I know people who double-click stuff even on web pages) - which is probably what the saving bandwidth thing is about.

- Madhav.
If downloading the voting packs here is too painful, don't forget you can also get them at the Yahoo! group.
Quote:This is ridiculous.

Quote:Am I too impatient?

"Yes" to both.
Quote:This is ridiculous.
This is the file description. Click here to download it. (clicks)

There are multiple versions of this file. Click here to download the latest version. Click here to download an older version. (selects latest version)

This is a ZIP file. Click here to download the whole file. Click here to download a specific part of it. (selects the whole file)

This is the file you want to download. Click here to confirm you really want to download it. (clicks)

You do not have a pro account, so please wait 5 minutes for the file to download at a slow speed. Click here to get a pro account. (waits five minutes)

Your session has timed out. Click here to try again. (repeats the whole process)

Your antivirus has detected that this file may be harmful and has blocked the download. Click here to disable the antivirus. (repeats again)

Your file's MD5sum appears to be incorrect. Click here to download it again. (repeats again)

A new version of this file has been uploaded. Click here to view its description.
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.