Tile world in Linux/Ubuntu
I found Tile world through the Ubunutu software center and it works great on this Computer. Except one major problem:

How do you play custom levelsets? Despite trying for a long time I can't figure out for the life of me how the Ubunutu file system works and I don't know "where" to put levelsets. Or how to get an editor working for that matter... I'm guessing that's impossible however.

can anybody help me out?
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
What file system are you used to? Windows? ...or another version of Linux?

I ask because I am not familiar with Ubuntu specifically, but as far as I know it follows the same file system layout as other versions of Linux. In which case, I believe Tile World finds its "sets" and "save" directories under the "~/.tworld" directory.

As for an editor, Chip's Workshop has a Linux distribution, which can be downloaded at http://www.microstupidity.com/chipw/.
thank you thank you!

I am used to Windows. I just can't seem to get used to this or figure it out. I'm assuming that "File System" under the folder window is the equivilent to "C:/" in Windows, is that wrong?

and thanks very much for Chip's Workshot, I used to use that but thought it was gone forever

should I be usin the "command terminal"? Like you can't even enter that location in a bar somewhere like in Windows. I feel stupid but this feels very confusing.

I discovered the "find location" option but entering /.tworld or /.tileworld doesn't work.

Nevermind, I got it! finally! Smiley But I still don't understand how it works... Flushed

nooooooo.... it's not working. I put some recent CCLP1 voting packs in this folder and they don't show up on the tileworld menu Slight frown

-Hakwin Rinzai

-'The Dude' Lebowski
In a "command terminal", run:-

tworld -d

Put the levelsets in the location where it says "Level sets read from:".

- Madhav.
"/" in Linux is the root directory, somewhat similar to "C:\" in Windows.

Therefore "/.tworld" in Linux is like "C:\.tworld" in Windows...it's not actually where you want to find the directory. You need the "~" prefix, representing your user home directory: "~/.tworld".

And if you haven't reconfigured anything, Madhav's suggestion should return something like "/home/your_user_name/.tworld/sets" -- "~" is a shortcut for "/home/your_user_name", so it comes to the same thing. Slight smile
Slight smile thanks very much for this info. I will try it out, though I may not need to because by tommorrow I'll have my old computer back. (running windows 7) Rolling eyes

-Hakwin Rinzai

-'The Dude' Lebowski
Glad to help. Slight smile