Discussion on Levelset Gimmicks, and an update on one of my chipster-wide collab projects
OK, let me get the update out of the way. I have some statistics done.
  • Will be kept to be meant to be easy
  • Yes, I am only staff for now. I would like if others did indeed help out, though.
  • Levels will be submitted by all of us.
  • 50 levels will be it.
And for a level submission guide and notes.
  • First off, people will vote after the levels are released. Of course, submissions will start a tad bit after CCLP1 is well and done.
  • If I cannot beat the level and have to skip it, it will NOT be up for voting. Remember, this is for chipsters who are new to the game. This process will start once submissions close.
  • Keep it to at least 10 levels per submission. Also, you may update said submission, should submissions still be open. If there are more then 10 levels, the first 10 will be picked.
  • Dummy levels to explain the concept are allowed and reccomended, but please tell me what levels these are, and what levels they talk about, once the submissions begin.
  • Only upload the .dat of your levels to this website's downloads, or mediafire.
And now, a process.

1. Make your levels (duh)
  2. Upload them to the database on this website, or mediafire. No rapidshare or any others. Only this place, or mediafire.
  3. Send a Private Message with a link to the download.
  4. ???
  5. Profit.
And now that discussion.

Anyways, I was thinking to myself earlier today "what if CC level sets had gimmicks?". This sparked me to make a couple levels with the same gimmick, 60 seconds to win them.

Anyways, I think this idea could cause a new idea for various levelsets.
Sewiouswy, Pom-Pom, whewe is that CCLP4 I so want?

~Chipwoodstock
Chip Win
Ok, so are the two ideas connected, like are you saying you want to start a new collaborative set with all the levels having a time limit of 60 seconds? Do you have any other restrictions to the levels, like being lynx compatible or not having been released earlier?

We should submit at least ten levels, but if we submit more, only the ten first ones will be considered?

Good that you are thinking of 50 levels. Beyond that, it'll be boring to play something with a tight "gimmick". It will also make compiling the set so much easier.

What is the name of the set or this project? This is an important thing to figure out, otherwise we won't be able to talk and think about it.

Have you checked out http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/227-cczone-march-2013-create-levels-packaged/ ?

It has thirteen levels, all with a time limit of 60 seconds, though several of them are not simple to complete.
I still have some apprehensions to only one definition of 'simple' -- just because one person can't solve the levels doesn't mean the others can't too, right? Also, there will be different types of newbies -- people who just take to the game by instinct, the normal ones and the people who, no matter what, just can't get the hang of it. How do you plan to accommodate everything?

Also, if you want, I can try to help out with your collab...
- budugoo