CC Zone Competition Goodie Bag
Did you ever wish to take a look at some of the old entries to the Create Competitions, or experiment for yourself how you might have fared in an old Time Trial?

Well, now you can:

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/305-cc-zone-competition-goodie-bag/

This zip-file contains three sets, totaling over 120 competition levels by 28 different creators over 48 different competitions
. How can you call yourself a Chipster and not get a copy?

When you need a break from CCLP1 voting, look no further than this Slight smile

The first set collects the create levels from 2008 to 2011. These are kept as close to the original submissions as possible (with one exception). The second file contains all the create levels from 2012. Some of these have been updated, since the original submissions are mostly still available elsewhere. The third set is an updated CCZoneTT.dat which was originally compiled by Tom P but now with his permission I'm keeping it up to date with all the latest Time Trial levels.

Each set comes with a ccx file that has information on the competitions themselves. Hopefully these will be informative and fun. The one for the Time Trials is not yet quite as extensive as the ones for the create sets, but I didn't want that to slow the release and will get back to updating that later. I hope to correct any mistakes in the other files as well, so do tell me if you spot anything amiss. If you are a designer of one of the levels, you can also send in comments that might be added to the ccx-file, or ask for changes, such as being referenced by a different name or your full name.

The idea for this "Goodie Bag" is not to just be a one time release, but something that grows and improves with time. The files could be (and probably will be) available individually as well, but together they make form a whole that clings together thematically and conveniently.

Hope you enjoy! Feel free to share your reactions and suggestions here! Glider

-Miika
Thumbs up

All right! As an organized person, I like when smaller level sets are compiled into one larger set... Tongue

Regarding my level set list - do you think I should remove all the individual competition level sets on my site, now that this compilation is available? At first I planned on getting rid of them, but I thought maybe I should keep them in case someone had a reason for specifically looking for the original set (such as if they wanted to find a competition level by a certain creator - they could sort the list by creator to find it...). (I have already removed the previous competition compilations, since this is basically just a more updated version of those files).
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
Mike, maybe you could have a new page listing "obsolescent sets" so the info you now have wouldn't be totally lost. Note that last year's sets with create competition entries (which are still available in the downloads) are not totally useless since many levels were updated for this release, and thus do not quite represent the actual submissions for those competitions, but still might not need to be listed with all the other sets.. Or you could consider a page for "minor sets" which could contain sets that are either small or not significant any longer.

And thanks to you also for helping me get hold of a couple of the levels I was missing from years ago to include in this release!
I love how in the readme it said:

chippingly yours,

-The CCZone staff.
Glider
First chipster ever reported to fill ON THE ROCKS with blocks.

HASHLEVELS.dat (49 CC1 levels)
Quote:Mike, maybe you could have a new page listing "obsolescent sets" so the info you now have wouldn't be totally lost. Note that last year's sets with create competition entries (which are still available in the downloads) are not totally useless since many levels were updated for this release, and thus do not quite represent the actual submissions for those competitions, but still might not need to be listed with all the other sets.. Or you could consider a page for "minor sets" which could contain sets that are either small or not significant any longer.

And thanks to you also for helping me get hold of a couple of the levels I was missing from years ago to include in this release!
No problem! Slight smile

An obsolete list is a good idea, since I think there are still some old versions of "regular" sets on my list that could be moved there as well... For now I'll probably just keep the list as is, and maybe add a note on the individual level files that the level can also be found in the Goodie Bag...
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
This is great! Thanks, Miika!