"Devices"
Ok guys I need some help creating a device/mechanism. In Lynx, I need a trap that doesn't allow a monster passing over it to go any faster than if there was no trap. (Usually trap sliding causes open traps to work like ice.) The difficulty is the precise timing I need, and the trap needs to be closed at times, but be opened either with monster or a block (the difference being that a monster will pass over the button but a block will keep it open all the time). So I'm thinking that the trap button I have access to (with the monster or block) opens up a device/mechanism off-screen that regulates how long the primary trap is open. I've tried a few possiblities but there's always something that's not quite as I'd like it. Also, I can't use toggles or tanks, as they are used elsewhere in the level.

Any ideas are welcome, even if they don't work perfectly.
Quote:Ok guys I need some help creating a device/mechanism. In Lynx, I need a trap that doesn't allow a monster passing over it to go any faster than if there was no trap. (Usually trap sliding causes open traps to work like ice.) The difficulty is the precise timing I need, and the trap needs to be closed at times, but be opened either with monster or a block (the difference being that a monster will pass over the button but a block will keep it open all the time). So I'm thinking that the trap button I have access to (with the monster or block) opens up a device/mechanism off-screen that regulates how long the primary trap is open. I've tried a few possiblities but there's always something that's not quite as I'd like it. Also, I can't use toggles or tanks, as they are used elsewhere in the level.

Any ideas are welcome, even if they don't work perfectly.

I realize this was months ago but maybe it will help anyway Tongue

[Image: gallery_127_3_2903.jpg]

I don't think the paramecia is positioned right to demonstrate but basically; the delay the paramecia does is pretty close to negating the slide effect of the trap. I'll probably tinker around with this because I love making devices (more so than actual levels for some reason...) So this only uses two trap connections and a small area for the paramecia or whatever monster you use.
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski