Jacuzzi Pack - Discussion
This is the official discussion thread for CCLP1 voting's Jacuzzi Pack. Feel free to share your thoughts, opinions, and comments on the levels here!
1 (Bombs Away) - Solid level. Nothing veterans haven't seen before but considering it's CCLP1, it's fine.

2 (Manicotti with Cream Chicken and Artichokes) - Trevor levels never cease to amaze me. 5'd.

3 (Chip Crossing) - I can well imagine this being the THE LAST LAUGH-style level for CCLP1.

4 (This and That) - Nothing bad to say about it, great level again.

5 (Mughfe) - Another Trevor level and the same applies here.

6 (Tile Tales) - Did you just put all the great levels in this pack? 5'd again.

7 (Monster House) - Ironic that I'm about to sound like Trevor. Lucky timing cut two points off it for me. 3/5 (worst rating so far xD).

8 (Construct-a-Sokoban) - Well, I saw the trick instantly but I highly doubt beginners would, so maybe put a hint or a teleport to see the end of the level.

9 (Easier Than It Looks) - Holy s**t that fireball section freaked me out at first. Nice idea. 4/5.

10 (Locker's Dream) - HEH F**K THE WALLS! I think the fact you can have fun in a maze level destroying the level qualifies it for CCLP1.

11 (Open and Close II) - Well executed level with a great theme.

12 (Slide and Swap) - Sliding blobs don't belong in CCLP1. Remove them and it's great. 4/5 provided the blobs are removed.

13 (Adrenalin Rush) - Well I love the level but its difficulty is far too high for CCLP1. It'll be perfect for CCLP4 though.

14 (Chip Goes Chip Hunting) - Basic level, but that's hardly a bad thing.

15 (Blob Infestation of Biblical Proportions) - One of the few Trevor levels I dislike, and it should be obvious why. Although CCLP1 should have some blob levels, the blob levels should be easier than this.

16 (Conversion III) - As with the other Conversion levels, very good, however quite difficult mainly because of the time limit. Also, my solution is only possible on MS due to flicking but I trust there is a Lynx solution.

17 (The Walker) - No need for a JUMPING SWARM level in CCLP1, thank you very much.

18 (Alley Cat) - Again, basic level but that's what we want in this set, so it fits.

19 (Against the Floe) - Typo by any chance? Either way, it looks much more harmful than it is. All in all, a solid level.

20 (Dual) - Amazing puzzle. That is all.

21 (Transware) - Irritating monster-filled level. 2/5.

22 (Lesson 9) - Too heavily based on LESSON 7 from CC1.

23 (Worlds Collide) - Creative maze level. 4/5.

24 (Waste Everything but Time) - Geez, that is cruel. However, it works. 4/5.

25 (Creating Creatures) - C/B glitch delaying cloners urgh. Whatever, still good.

26 (A Scare in the Air) - Lucky timing, and who wants the topic of terrorism in CC? 3/5.

27 (Nitroglycerin) - Love the idea, and well made level.

28 (The Temptation) - Well, this is one of mine but I feel it still fits.

29 (Trapper's Maze) - Yeah, "use your memory". Good luck with that. Bloody difficult to remember all of that.

30 (Tanks To...) - Nice pun, nice level.

31 (Blockade) - Great idea, well executed. Kinda running out of stuff to say about levels now.

32 (Quasar) - Ugh, I hate doing that chip bee thingy, let alone doing it 4 times.

33 (Blob Squeeze) - Well, I hate blobs but I loved that.

34 (Kinetic Aesthetic) - Again, I don't know what to say except 'good level'. Sod it, good level.

To be honest, I can't be bothered to write any more. Oh, how unprofessional of me.

Edit - just gotta add one more level - 45 (Medley) - I thought were eliminating levels like this. That one's also mine, by the way.
Zommy (Richard Blaquière)

CLP1-fixed.dat - 40 levels

CLP2.dat - 30 levels, incomplete

RichardB1.dat (consisting exclusively of CLP1-fixed and CLP2 levels) - 58 levels, incomplete
Quote:19 (Against the Floe) - Typo by any chance?

Not at all. Slight smile

Quote:9 (Easier Than It Looks) - Holy s**t that fireball section freaked me out at first. Nice idea. 4/5.

This is probably one of my favorite levels ever in the entirety of voting. I love the idea of a level that looks really hard but in which none of the chips are actually required and in which you can basically make a beeline for the exit. I hope I'm not alone in suggesting that this could very well be a wonderful "relief" level toward the end of the set after more difficult (at least for first-time players) levels.

Quote:27 (Nitroglycerin) - Love the idea, and well made level.

This is another one of my favorites as well. As a veteran, my first reaction to seeing a level with fireballs in traps to be released, bombs to be blown up, and chips to collect was that this was going to be a CCLP3-esque challenge in which the player needed to be wary of removing chips so that the fireball could destroy specific bombs in order to make the level winnable. However, none of that was the case. The fireballs are always destined to destroy the same bombs, no matter what, and the fun of the level is discovering what new section is waiting to be explored. The "maze" aspect of the level has a unique aesthetic as well, one that abandons the straight corridors of most mazes and strategically places the boundaries such that the paths are more twisty, and the bombs really do feel like they're a part of a minefield with an arbitrary-looking but strategically-placed-in-reality layout. (See Markus_CCLP1's "Slime Cave" for another excellent example of this type of maze design.) And on top of that, the level wisely avoids the pitfall of overstaying its welcome and filling up the entire map with more bombs and more fireballs to be sent to their deaths. All in all, I heartily recommend this for CCLP1. It's the little things like this that ultimately make the difference, not just enjoyability.

Quote:Edit - just gotta add one more level - 45 (Medley) - I thought were eliminating levels like this. That one's also mine, by the way.

Based on the performance of "REW" in voting so far, as well as the community reaction since voting started, these sorts of levels most likely won't make it into CCLP1, but we allowed some of the best (this one, "FFW," and "REW") to have a place in voting. See my post on the Giraffe thread for a complete explanation of the reasoning behind this decision.
Bombs Away: more complicated than it appears at first. Very nice.

Manicotti with Cream Chicken and Artichokes: interesting complex level and good title Smiley

Blockade: I really loved this level

this feels like another pack with a ton of great ones Smiley
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
This pack is definitely one of my favorites. I particularly enjoyed Dual, Nitroglycerin, Blockade, and Puzzle Box the most - and those are just a few.
Perhaps minor, but "A Puzzle" has an extra block.
similar to what Zommy and other said, it seems like all the best levels got put into this pack Tongue

Redirect was a good level, except the time limit was a little harsh for beginners.

I also thought "A Puzzle" could stand more, or just make it an untimed level. Despite it being a very large and long level it did not feel too tedious or demanding.

I also liked Dual and thought this plus, Creating creatures, and a few others were harder or much harder then they first appear. Those type are the best Thumbs up

-------
and just a (sort of negative) opinion of my own; I've played quite a few levels (not just in this pack) that begin with a huge ice slide. This is really annoying on a level that isn't really easy and you must restart often. To sit through the slide over and over again... I didn't play through most of the levels I found like this, for this reason
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
Quote:and just a (sort of negative) opinion of my own; I've played quite a few levels (not just in this pack) that begin with a huge ice slide. This is really annoying on a level that isn't really easy and you must restart often. To sit through the slide over and over again... I didn't play through most of the levels I found like this, for this reason
If you're referring to my Adrenaline Rush level (which I believe is in Jacuzzi), I was thinking of taking out the long ice slide before I submitted it, but I didn't like the level as much when the player skipped it. Besides, I knew it wasn't going to do well in CCLP1 voting either way, so I left it as it is with more time as the original time limit was very tight.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
This might be the best pack I've voted on so far. Slight smile By coincidence, it is also the one with more of my levels than any other pack Tongue

Highlights for me included #1, #4, #9, #11, #29, #41 (= Bombs Away, This and That, Easier Than it Looks, Open and Close II, Trapper's Maze, 25 Cell). Also loved others, like Puzzle Box (#35), but not for CCLP1.

And by even more coincidence, I lost my votes after entering them, most likely due to my own internet connection.
Quote:Also loved others, like Puzzle Box (#35), but not for CCLP1.And by even more coincidence, I lost my votes after entering them, most likely due to my own internet connection.

I thought Puzzle Box was outstanding for CCLP1. There are several solutions - I've managed to find at least one for each side!