Omicron Pack - Discussion
This is the official discussion thread for CCLP1 voting's Omicron Pack. Feel free to share your thoughts, opinions, and comments on the levels here!
Having a problem with level #23 Everything. In Lynx mode. The S-barrier at 7,12 prevents a block from being pushed through to blow up the bomb at 6,8. The block at 5,13 can't be used for this purpose since there are no fire boots.

ian
Quote:Having a problem with level #23 Everything. In Lynx mode. The S-barrier at 7,12 prevents a block from being pushed through to blow up the bomb at 6,8. The block at 5,13 can't be used for this purpose since there are no fire boots.

ian
Try slapping the block at the left of that room?
Level 23 - Everything

This level has a couple inequalities for MS. vs LYNX. First, as noted above, the blocks at the thin wall must be handled differently. In MS one must push a block to the thin wall and then bump it away from the wall to the gravel.This block is then pushed through to take out the bomb at 6,8. In Lynx the block at 5,13 must be slapped to be used for that purpose.

Secondly, the tank room with the green doors can be avoided in Lynx because the ant at 29,9 doesn't walk on the Hint tile. I have tried several times to get through the tanks and green doors in MS. I am trying a one door at a time approach. I know it can be done it's just a matter of proper execution.
I know about block slapping, and I had made 5 unsuccessful tries at it before posting. But block-slapping is a more advanced technique, and doesn't seem to be something that should be in a beginner set. I had hoped I had missed something else.

Just my 2 cents.

Ian
Quote:I know about block slapping, and I had made 5 unsuccessful tries at it before posting. But block-slapping is a more advanced technique, and doesn't seem to be something that should be in a beginner set. I had hoped I had missed something else.

Just my 2 cents.

Ian
I thought it was difficult at first too but once I asked somebody and figured it out--it's not actually hard at all. Just hold down the button for the direction your walking in and press another button simultaneously. I was letting go of the forward button. I got the hang of it rather quickly then.

Is there perhaps a level that can teach block slapping? That would be cool. Of course it would only work in Lynx. You could have an MS only level as it's counterpart for the MS set.

-------

It seems weird to me, that you can't also "slap" anything, like blue walls to reveal them or open a door while walking by. That would be cool.

===================

levels I liked from Omicron so far:

Tiny, Monster Cage, Tree

I haven't yet solved Again and Again. I like Anaconda even though it's a tad too difficult for my taste
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
Quote:Level 23 - Everything

I have tried several times to get through the tanks and green doors in MS. I am trying a one door at a time approach. I know it can be done it's just a matter of proper execution.
It's possible, with the right timing, to get past all the green doors.
Level 28 - Repugnant Nonsense

This was one of my all time favorites so far. Would it be possible to rename it to "Totally Awesome"?

Slight smile Star Star Star Star Star Smiley
Quote:Try slapping the block at the left of that room?

when I made my above posts I hadn't played this level through. I gotta say this section of this level is really awesome. I'm guessing the author designed this to be both version compatible. I've played at least one other level from another pack with something like this. Little things like this can make a big difference sometimes (with me at least) Smiley

EDIT: I'd really love it if the ball path at the end of "Welcome" were shorter. (cut in half maybe) otherwise solid level (complete with random unnecessary fire!) I would up my vote to 5 if this was changed.
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski