Baguette Pack - Discussion
This is the official discussion thread for CCLP1 voting's Baguette Pack. Feel free to share your thoughts, opinions, and comments on the levels here!
I would assign a 5 to #20, One Block to Rule Them All, but the time is too short, requiring a speed level not held by a beginner. A time of 120 would be more appropriate for CCLP1.

I really liked #3, Which Way Was It? It combines so many different elements in a single puzzle, but still not overly difficult. Well suited to CCLP1.

Ian
Ian,

As mentioned in the voting guidelines, if you find the time limit too short on a level, please rate the level as if the time limit were higher and, as you've already done, report the issue in a thread like this. If it gets into CCLP1, we'll contact the designer for permission to make the adjustment before the level is inducted into the final set. This is mainly to ensure that there aren't multiple versions of a voting pack floating around, though a couple of exceptions have been made for major concerns.
Not a lot to say about this pack really, except one notable thing -

"Sliding Terror" (15) would be a four or five star level if it wasn't for slide delay. As it is now with severe slide delay issues, it's one star shenanigans.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
level 13 - toxic caves: i had to break down and look at a map to try to solve this. even if i had a leftover block to use to pop the bomb at 29/25, it seems there is an awful lot of bouncing it around and then scampering out of the way needed on the ice section in order to get it there. is that that way it's done or am i missing something?

level 41 - 16: can't figure this one out. is there a trick or am i just not moving fast enough?

level 48 - portcullis: haven't a clue on where to begin

Quote:level 13 - toxic caves: i had to break down and look at a map to try to solve this. even if i had a leftover block to use to pop the bomb at 29/25, it seems there is an awful lot of bouncing it around and then scampering out of the way needed on the ice section in order to get it there. is that that way it's done or am i missing something?

As far as I know, that is indeed the way it's done.

Quote:level 41 - 16: can't figure this one out. is there a trick or am i just not moving fast enough?

If you're trying to move fast enough, then you haven't found the trick yet. Slight smile

Quote:level 48 - portcullis: haven't a clue on where to begin

You've probably noticed that when you get a chip, you have to press a clone button that activates the clone machine next to you counterclockwise, which then clones until an entire line of balls stretches to the nearest obstacle. There's also two blocks in the center. You'll need to use these to stop the clone machines from cloning balls all the way across the grid. (Hint: try placing them at points where ball paths would intersect!) Also, because of the aforementioned clone button wiring, you'll want to collect the chips clockwise the entire way. So far, I'm aware of at least two block placements, and with this logic in mind, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out what they are.
Thanks, JB, your hints were just enough to push me in the proper direction.

In level 41, I'm curious why the ball is not released from the trap when I step on the button. Is it a Tile World characteristic or is it the nature of the balls and their inherent direction?
Quote:In level 41, I'm curious why the ball is not released from the trap when I step on the button. Is it a Tile World characteristic or is it the nature of the balls and their inherent direction?

http://chipschallenge.wikia.com/wiki/Concussion_Rule
My vote of 4 on #24 "Chip Away" is conditioned on the long ice slide at the beginning being removed (e.g., put Chip at the end of it and block it off so it can't be entered).
Quote:My vote of 4 on #24 "Chip Away" is conditioned on the long ice slide at the beginning being removed (e.g., put Chip at the end of it and block it off so it can't be entered).

I would have to agree with this.

railway has a few inconsistencies in Lynx/MS, because of sliding and tank mechanics.

Prophecy has glider/fire inconsistencies although I don't know the intended solution so not sure if this matters.

I found item swapping on islands a good, short, puzzling level.
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski