Popcorn Pack - Discussion
Level 37 - Chip Alone.

Is this level broken ? I can see how it's meant to be solved, by sending one of the fireballs clockwise around the map and the other one anti-clockwise. The latter is much easier, and it is possible to turn one of the fireballs around to send it anti-clockwise too. Much easier solution that doesn't use any of the boots, and only the red and yellow keys.

Easily fixed by swapping the two block cloners over.
Quote:Level 37 - Chip Alone.

Is this level broken ? I can see how it's meant to be solved, by sending one of the fireballs clockwise around the map and the other one anti-clockwise. The latter is much easier, and it is possible to turn one of the fireballs around to send it anti-clockwise too. Much easier solution that doesn't use any of the boots, and only the red and yellow keys.

Easily fixed by swapping the two block cloners over.

I already noticed it about a month ago. It's an easy fix by just adding two force field tiles, so vote as if you did it the proper way and it wasn't busted if it was included in CCLP1. Thanks! Thumbs up
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Quote:

#42 (Flock of Block) - A challenging CITYBLOCK/Warehouse crossover. Did anyone else find the north central room (the one with a six brown buttons, all in a vertical line) really hard, or was I just being useless?
I also thought I was alone on this. Tongue
Same here.
Quote:I already noticed it about a month ago. It's an easy fix by just adding two force field tiles, so vote as if you did it the proper way and it wasn't busted if it was included in CCLP1. Thanks! Thumbs up
OK, just solved it as intended, not quite sure of the point of the green key, or the little box top right that it opens, but a very good level otherwise.
Quote:Lvl 48 (Pushover): I've been working on this for about an hour and I just can't find a way to get any more than 3 of the chips. Out of confusion I've given it a 2/5 because it's a good level but not for novices (there's probably going to be a dirty trick that I couldn't find).

I just solved it, took more than an hour though. The key is to understand that you can get both of the blocks on the right hand side. Once I realised that, I then just had to work out how not to waste the block immediatley to the left of the starting position. Bingo. Excellent level, and needs good problem-solving skills. Perfect for CCLP1 and congrats to the designer.
Quote:OK, just solved it as intended, not quite sure of the point of the green key, or the little box top right that it opens, but a very good level otherwise.

Please don't double post Chris. It's against the rules, but I'll let you off the hook only this time.

As for Chip Alone's Green key, it is not needed at all but is not a bust. It's used for the Easter Egg in the top left corner of the level, which was supposed to be the Neighbour's backdoor house from Home Alone 1.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
I'll put my votes in, but here are my thoughts...

Level 5 - Flick - Way too hard, I never got remotely near finishing this

Level 6 - Crate Packing - Personally, if find the Sokoban style levels dull. Hopefully there won't be more than 1 in CCLP1

Level 9 - May the force be with you - Getting that first chip is hard, but the rest of the level is OK once you've done that. I agree that the ending is a little unfriendly

Level 10 - Don't stop. I think this should be made a bit harder, i.e. more time critical.

Level 13 - Hive mentality - Never managed to finish this, probably too hard, or am I missing something ?

Level 15 - Frog. Interesting to look at in an editor, but dull as a level

Level 17 - Follow Me - Nice and simple, but not as easy as it looks. Enjoyed

Level 19 - Is it possible ? Yes, of course it is, but it took a while to work out, and to draw a map. Good challenge

Level 25 - The Snipers. Too random and too hard for CCLP1

Level 26 - I preferred this to level 2, which is very similar

Level 27 - Bothersome Ball - Great. Hard but not too hard

Level 34 - Changing lanes - I like these small puzzle levels , and this is a good one. I didn't find the alternative solution, but one is enough.

Level 35 - Boat rider - I agree that the initial block building is unnecessarily tedious. Good level from there on though.

Level 37 - Chip alone. Good apart from the bust mentioned above

Level 38 - Apple - not hard enough for a mini puzzle.

Level 39 - Labyrinth. Agreed that the beginning is way to hard for a beginner. I never got past it either, so will be marked accordingly

Level 40 - Crawler Carrier - Again, too hard for CCLP1

Level 41 - Icy Turns. I liked this level, apart from the time limit, which demands a very slick execution. I think the time limit should either be a major feature of a reasonably simple level, or generous enough to allow some thinking time. Please extend by at least 60 seconds.

Level 42 - Flock of Block - As noted above, too hard.

Level 44 - Security Gates - I had to draw a map and work it out beforehand. Not a bad thing though, several original LP1 levels need that.

Level 45 - Save the Bug II - Too short. Once I got the hang of it, it was all over

Level 48 - Pushover - Loved this level once I'd solved it. Very frustrating up to that point, but didn't need any CC skills, just thinking skills !