Popcorn Pack - Discussion
JB, you are doing a splendid job assembling the level packs!

I have a question about Popcorn #9 - May the Force Be With You
Is anyone able to get to the first chip (at 29,2) on the ice/FF section (in LYNX)?

I would suggest adding one FF below the one that is there already. I based my vote on the eventuality that this would be changed.
Quote:JB, you are doing a splendid job assembling the level packs!

I have a question about Popcorn #9 - May the Force Be With You

Is anyone able to get to the first chip (at 29,2) on the ice/FF section (in LYNX)?

I would suggest adding one FF below the one that is there already. I based my vote on the eventuality that this would be changed.
Yes, it's possible. Just keep the key pressed ahead of time. In lynx, stepping off force floors that come after ice, requires that you got on the ice from a force floor, as is the case in the level. Even going through a teleport during sliding (ff -> ice -> teleport -> ice -> ff) will not allow Chip to step off the next force floor. It would be interesting to know if the original game handled force floors like this, or if it's only Tile World's emulation of it.

I second the notion of JB doing a good job on the packs, though I do miss my own passwords and they are coming out quite fast.
Some notes about Popcorn Pack:

Lvl 34 (Changing Lanes): Amazing level where I found multiple solutions. 5/5.

Lvl 38 (Apple): There are 3 chips which are all easily possible to get, however only 2 are required.

Lvl 39 (Labyrinth): Joyrides like at the beginning of the level are near impossible for beginners.

Lvl 43 (Lesson 2): I'm failing to realise why there are 3 blocks.

Lvl 46 (DodgeMaze): Easy and annoying to screw up on, especially finding the way to the left side of the first teleport and also with the walker, but all in all a decent level. 4/5.

Lvl 47 (ToggleTank): A sokoban with a clever twist. I love it.

Lvl 48 (Pushover): I've been working on this for about an hour and I just can't find a way to get any more than 3 of the chips. Out of confusion I've given it a 2/5 because it's a good level but not for novices (there's probably going to be a dirty trick that I couldn't find).

Lvl 50 (Habitual Change): Great idea and well put-together level, but the minor lucky timing that will be a challenge for novices docked one point. 4/5.
Zommy (Richard Blaquière)

CLP1-fixed.dat - 40 levels

CLP2.dat - 30 levels, incomplete

RichardB1.dat (consisting exclusively of CLP1-fixed and CLP2 levels) - 58 levels, incomplete
Quote:Some notes about Popcorn Pack:

Lvl 34 (Changing Lanes): Amazing level where I found multiple solutions. 5/5.

Lvl 38 (Apple): There are 3 chips which are all easily possible to get, however only 2 are required.

Lvl 39 (Labyrinth): Joyrides like at the beginning of the level are near impossible for beginners.

Lvl 43 (Lesson 2): I'm failing to realise why there are 3 blocks.

Lvl 46 (DodgeMaze): Easy and annoying to screw up on, especially finding the way to the left side of the first teleport and also with the walker, but all in all a decent level. 4/5.

Lvl 47 (ToggleTank): A sokoban with a clever twist. I love it.

Lvl 48 (Pushover): I've been working on this for about an hour and I just can't find a way to get any more than 3 of the chips. Out of confusion I've given it a 2/5 because it's a good level but not for novices (there's probably going to be a dirty trick that I couldn't find).

Lvl 50 (Habitual Change): Great idea and well put-together level, but the minor lucky timing that will be a challenge for novices docked one point. 4/5.

Wait, Changing Lanes has multiple solutions? I created the level and I never heard such a thing...I'm curious what ways you solved it.
Quote:Some notes about Popcorn Pack:

It's actually a little bit simpler than it looks - as long as you keep in mind that two of the chips can't be collected; specifically, the two chips that are each located near the horizontal rows of three blocks. It's still quite tricky, though!

On another note, we've hit a milestone tonight as we've now just crossed the 6,000-vote mark! Thank you so much to everyone who has voted so far! Along with this huge surge of votes, we just hit a minimum of 11 votes on all of the Tungsten levels, which means that another pack has been released and another milestone reached - our tenth pack, the Dragon Pack! I'll give you a fair warning, though: this pack, crazily enough, happens to contain some of the hardest levels ever to make it into voting. For those concerned about the packs being released too quickly - this one might just be an equalizer for those wanting a chance to catch up. Slight smile (Though, as I've stated in the past, we do intend to keep voting open for some time after the final pack is released.)

Have a great week, everyone - and let's keep up this momentum!
Quote:Wait, Changing Lanes has multiple solutions? I created the level and I never heard such a thing...I'm curious what ways you solved it.
What I'm assuming is the intended solution is to put the block on the button, but the first time I finished it I managed to redirect the fireballs' path into the button.

Btw (about Dragon Pack) -

Lvl 30 (It's Magic) has a Lynx inequality due to the glider and fire.
Zommy (Richard Blaquière)

CLP1-fixed.dat - 40 levels

CLP2.dat - 30 levels, incomplete

RichardB1.dat (consisting exclusively of CLP1-fixed and CLP2 levels) - 58 levels, incomplete
In Popcorn pack, lvl 1 Abandoned warehouse, is this possible in Lynx? I have to push a block down to the trap room, then back up to get it over to the release buttons. But if you enter the trap to push it back up, then you slide through to the trap that doesn't have a block on it yet. In MS, you aren't forced through the traps, so it works in MS.

Never mind. Brain Freeze takes effect. That is what the spot below the trap is for! I spent too much time over figuring out the order for cloning and my brain must have cramped up.

Ian
"to be the best" has an issue: teeth and tanks dying/not dying in fire.

I really liked Connect the chips, Filling in the gaps, Flick, and crate packaging, Frog, Don't Stop, Follow Me...

Also; periodic lasers and The snipers, though the two are similar enough imo I'd personally only vote for one or the other.

Who made/which pack is "Want you gone" from?
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
Quote:Who made/which pack is "Want you gone" from?

Schnitzel.ccl
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Some thoughts and comments on the Popcorn Pack:

#5,#6 (Flick, Crate Packing) - Good levels, but I think a beginner would struggle with these two. At least they're untimed if they were to be included, as lots of thinking and block pushing shouldn't be pressured by time.

#7 (Drill Captain) - Very easy to unlock the wrong door after picking up the blue key. Since you can't see either of these rooms before stepping into the teleport, it's easily cooked with no explanation as to what was done wrong. A hint might make this a bit more beginner accessible. Other than that, it's a pretty good level.

#9 (May the Force Be With You) - Not sure I approve of force floor levels that require such precision in a set aimed at beginners, especially when failure means instant death in a couple of cases. The fire by the exit of the up/down escalator room I can overlook (albeit with a frown), but surrounding the exit by force floors and water is nothing short of criminal, especially considering the level is several minutes long.

#10 (Don't Stop!) - Not sure why there are two yellow keys...

#13 (Hive Mentality) - Terribly frustrating if you're not paying complete attention, but a great level nonetheless which would fit well in CCLP1's latter stages.

#15 (Frog) - Cute design, but not much else going for it in my opinion.

#19 (Is It Possible?) - Not as difficult as I was expecting, pitched at just the right level. Requires some thought but very satisfying to complete.

#22 (Key Points) - Hint is too long to fit in the MS window.

#24 (Hellfire II) - A simple but fun maze level with great aesthetics.

#27 (Bothersome Ball) - Plenty of variety in this expansive itemswapper. High time limit allows for plenty of thinking, which is absolutely necessary considering how easy the level is to cook.

#34 (Changing Lanes) - Just as much fun to play now as it was when I first came across it in its original set. A wonderfully designed pocket-puzzle with plenty of playing options. The blob controlling the tanks is a nifty touch, as it ensures the level is never the same twice. Charging down a lane you thought safe to be confronted with a rampaging fireball creates a real sense of excitement and danger. Brilliant.

#35 (Boat Rider) - I could appreciate this level a good deal more if it wasn't for the tedious block pushing section at the beginning just to get to the actual level. The placement of the yellow key in the NE is annoyingly arbitrary, although somewhat expected.

#36 (Repetitive Wandering) - A good scavenger hunt level that has enough itemswapping elements to keep the level fresh and interesting. My only gripe is how easy it is to get stuck behind the FFs in the NE when attempting to get the red key before collecting the suction boots (the second to last item). Considering how long the level is, it would be nice to know this in advance to avoid the inevitable ragequit death.

#37 (Chip Alone) - Great monster manipulation level with plenty of variety and a good challenge for the later half of the set. Lots of fun to play too. The green key is utterly superfluous in terms of the solution, but allows for exploration outside of the level, which I love.

#39 (The Labyrinth) - The paramecium at (6,19) is attempting to circle a room following the left wall, so just ends up stuck circling in the far corner and is of no threat to the player. A minor niggle on a pretty fun level, although the "waterslide" section was mean. At least it's right at the beginning I suppose...

#40 (Crawler Carrier) - No offence intended, but what is a level like this doing in CCLP1 voting? It's far from intuitive and some of the monster interactions are just ludicrously difficult to time. I like what it's trying to do, but I'd never dream of seeing this in the finished set.

#42 (Flock of Block) - A challenging CITYBLOCK/Warehouse crossover. Did anyone else find the north central room (the one with a six brown buttons, all in a vertical line) really hard, or was I just being useless?

#44 (Security Gates) - Another level I remember from playing it in its original set. Plenty of leniency in the first few stages, but rather more tricky towards the end. A good, challenging itemswapper.

#46 (DodgeMaze) - This level really needs a higher time limit, especially considering the potentially agonizing wait for the walker to get out of the fire maze in the NE.

#48 (Pushover) - Tricky level, the room in the east especially so. I worked out that not all the chips can be collected and all blocks were required early on, but the rest of the level took some serious thinking.

#50 (Habitual Change) - A clever monster manipulation level with a clean, crisp feel to it. Positioning the blocks and getting them off the ice might be difficult for a beginner, but the end goal is relatively clear. A great end to the set.
CC1: 5,954,550 (completed)
--- CCLP1: 5,989,110 (completed)
--- CCLP2: 5,936,410 (148 levels completed)
--- CCLP3: 1,223,887 (a few levels completed)

My levelset JRB_CCLP1.ccl