I have no idea how to build this concept. Help?
I have a level concept I cannot figure out how to build effectively. I have been able to get some individual components of the level to work, but never the whole.

The idea is a level which is composed of multiple compartments, completed one after another. But, if you take too long to complete each room or when you complete it and pass to the next room it floods with monsters. Each room has its own monster as its theme - one each for blobs, fireballs, gliders, walkers, teeth, spiders and bugs.

I could make individual rooms of this work, or even two or three together, but I could not build the level because I could not figure out how to make clocks small enough that don't eat all my trap and clone connections.

So i need a small, fast, reliable clock that works in either ruleset that does not use many trap or clone connections. Do you have any ideas?
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
So you mean the clock starts up in each room separately, so a room allows you the same amount of time no matter how long or fast you completed the rooms before it? I would try experimenting with using toggle walls on one wall of the rooms, but the monsters that will flood that room do not start next to those toggle walls (as otherwise they would flood the room too early), but are freed only once you enter the room. So you could use a teeth monster to keep the monsters in a holding area, and once you enter a room, the teeth move out of the way (you don't necessarily see him yourself, and he might get destroyed or trapped so he), and the other monsters leave the holding area (that could have ffs to stop them from going back, and they'd still be separated from the actual room you are in by toggle walls. Once a certain amount of time passes, a toggle switch is hit somewhere and by that time you must be out of the room. Maybe this idea won't leave enough room for having seven rooms in the level, but maybe it could be stretched to four or five.
You could try having Chip hit a trap button as he enters each room, releasing a monster somewhere that eventually hits a block clone that lands on a trap button, releasing a bunch of monsters. This would only require 3 connections per room (1 clone, 2 trap), which would be within the limits I think?
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
I thought of a possible way to have monsters slowly fill the room but I'm not sure that's exactly what you want.

Could you have a room with a monster going around in zig-zag pattern (see End of all Time pi.dat) This presses all the buttons that release the monsters slowly, but they only work once a button in each room is pressed when chip enters it.

e.g. the zig-zag room monster presses clone buttons which go to every room. But each room has a trap stopping the monsters until chip enters each room in which he must push an irretrievable block on the button to open the trap. The monsters then begin to fill the room slowly.

This would mean at least two buttons for each room.
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
Quote:I thought of a possible way to have monsters slowly fill the room but I'm not sure that's exactly what you want.

Could you have a room with a monster going around in zig-zag pattern (see End of all Time pi.dat) This presses all the buttons that release the monsters slowly, but they only work once a button in each room is pressed when chip enters it.

e.g. the zig-zag room monster presses clone buttons which go to every room. But each room has a trap stopping the monsters until chip enters each room in which he must push an irretrievable block on the button to open the trap. The monsters then begin to fill the room slowly.

This would mean at least two buttons for each room.

You just give me a great idea for a survival level.
I tried making this level and it turns out to be harder than it sounds. At least I didn't quite get it right on the first try. Getting the zig-zag room set up it tricky. Of course there is probably a better way to do that than a zig-zag room in the first place.
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
Use force fields, ice (maybe, if needed) and cloners while using pink balls (might be possible to make them off screen?) Delay them as much as possible, and then the button is pushed. Also, before the first force field (which should be the one the pink ball enters to start the loop) there is a clone button, starting the next timer. Also, make a force field beween the rooms to triger the next clone machine too. The last clock, however, doesn't produce a pink ball, which triggers another pink ball.A diagram, if you will:

[Image: fillroomtimertutorial.png]

This is just one possible solution to this however.
Sewiouswy, Pom-Pom, whewe is that CCLP4 I so want?

~Chipwoodstock
Chip Win
I didn't know that you could connect one button to more than one clone machine.... Flushed Haven't tried / seen it yet!
- budugoo
Here are 3 clocks I came up with. The red buttons would trigger a mechanism to start cloning monsters into the room. The last one takes the longest and has no trap connections at all, but it might be more difficult to set up. It's easy to set the length of the timer for all of them.

[Image: FpihnjQ.png]
Markus I like that last one a lot.

These are all very good, btw.