Poll: (#48) Then There Were... Four?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
ver.A (clone buttons only where the fireballs don't go)
25.00%
1 25.00%
ver.B (clone buttons placed more densely)
25.00%
1 25.00%
something else
50.00%
2 50.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

CCLP2 Lynx project help needed!!
Hi everyone!

So someone might remember that we kind of started a project to create a version of CCLP2 for Lynx. Though it has been stagnant at times, the project is still very much alive. Now we have come to the stage of asking others for some input.

One of the main questions we have needed to address has been if we want to make all the levels playable in Lynx, or do we limit the scope of the changes we might implement. I won't address this issue here thoroughly, but basically we decided to try and see what would happen if we made lynxified versions of all the levels. Some levels have obvious fixes while others have several ways to approach them, and some just need complete re-imagining.

I have now posted a set that has some versions of different levels in CCLP2. http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/215-choiceslp2ccl/

If you are interested, please take a look at what we have done with these levels. Some of the versions are poor, while others are a bit more inspired. The reason for including the last five levels are a bit different, so don't be alarmed that they have just one version (I'll get back to that later). For now, it would be great if you could comment on what you see to be the benefits of some of the different versions of the levels and maybe even say which ones you prefer. If you have more ideas how these levels could be changed for Lynx, they are welcome!

There are more levels to be dealt with, so this is just the start. Slight smile

On behalf of the CCLP2 Lynx Team,

Miika Toukola
Hi,

I have made a LYNX compatible set for CCLP2. All levels are playable (and solvable I hope) except for 53, Security Breach.

You can download it from my site:
http://syzygy.webege.com/CCLP2_LYNX.ccl

Let me know if any serious glitches are found.

Thanks,

Steven
Will check it out. Slight smile
I updated the file after changing level 53. I had to redo the mechanism because of the tank glitch that prevents it from turning around properly. Now the green doors can be closed, but needs to be reopened in order to reach the finish. This gives the mechanism time to set up it's timing with the tank. It was one click off in the beginning which allowed the tank to go directly to the button and 'cook' the level.

I also realize that taking the chips would pose no threat while the green walls are closed.
Hi Syzygy!

I took a quick look at your creation and it's pretty good but not perfect. You have done an excellent job on some levels, like #59 (Lot of Danger) and #130 (Frozen Birdbath), while others remain totally unsolvable in Lynx, like #94 (Checkerboard II) and #142 (Chomper Romp). Did you use any outside tools or info when working through the levels? (like the wiki etc.) Your version is better than the other similar one available on the Yahoo group. I would still recommend that you don't use up too much time to find and fix all the issues that could still be improved in your project, but rather you can help us out in this collaborative effort to create a version of CCLP2 for lynx mode. May we use some of the levels you've fixed and those ideas for this project? Are you interested in helping us review different versions of levels and deciding which one is actually the best choice?

That last question actually can apply to anyone. I'm sorry my first post here didn't do a good job of explaining the status of the project or even what exactly you can do to help out. I'll try to elaborate on those points in the future. For now, if you look at the levels already posted and would want to voice any opinion of which versions of the levels 21, 48, 57, 59, 87, 94, 98, 109, 111, 112, 116, and 132 you like the most at the moment, that would be great! You can also suggest changes that are not shown there (like comparing to Syzygy's versions), or comment on which aspects of the versions you like and which ones you think might be questionable. In any case, these are the levels I think we could concentrate our efforts at this point in time.

Let's get the ball rolling again!

-Miika
Hi Miika,

Level 94 Checkerboard II is solvable as is. Please check again. However, level 142 had fire tiles where it needed water so the teeth would drown. Thanks for noticing. I don't know how I missed that.

I only used Chip's Workshop to edit, no outside tools. I tried to preserve the gameplay as much as possible, however, some were totally incompatible and gameplay is lost almost completely. Eg. Frozen Birdbath, and Follow the Glacier Brick Road where the play aspect was because of hidden tiles.

My comments on some Lynx_choices levels:

Level 21 - ver. C - Blue keys are in a bad location and disappear when the tanks move.

Level 87 - ver. B - Busted. A block can be moved to prevent walkers from escaping the FF's.

Level 94 - ver. A is unsolvable. Chip can't push a block through the green walls in that combination. i.e. two green walls next to each other. My edit maintained the checkerboard appearance.

Level 111 - ver. A, B, and C appear to be unsolvable. Ver. A because the gliders don't die in fire. Ver. B and C because of splash delay. I like the block idea in ver. D. In my version I only moved the clone button to account for splash time.

Level 112 - Ver. B seems to be the best choice for the FF change. I'm changing my version to that. Ver. C, D, and E can't be solved because the block moves when the level starts.

There isn't much of an issue with the other levels.

I like the concept for Frost Rings and Frostbite.

Use some of my levels/ideas? Sure.

Are you looking to revamp some of the levels or just make them LYNX compatible? I won't make any commitments, but I will contribute what I can.

§
I liked the additional elements that were added to Madness I by ultimasonic, but the ants circle around the chip at lower right so the middle one needs to go, as indicated by the orange dot.

[Image: Madness_I.jpg]
To be honest, the majority of CCLP2 uses invalid tiles to pull off the concepts of the levels so I'm not sure how I feel about this? Like the reason Checkerboard I was hard because you didn't know where the bombs were because they were under the floors, and Exit Chip completely relying on invalid tiles to make the level devious.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Huh? Checkerboard I has no hidden bombs. You must be thinking about some other level. Come to think of it, there are really no hidden bombs in CCLP2 except under blocks, like in 'Zartacla' and 'Wormwood', and perhaps maybe 'Yet Another Puzzle' but they come as no surprise. It's hard to maintain the level concept and flow when the hidden tiles are used. They can't be used in Lynx. Bummer!
Quote:I liked the additional elements that were added to Madness I by ultimasonic, but the ants circle around the chip at lower right so the middle one needs to go, as indicated by the orange dot.

[Image: Madness_I.jpg]

Your images still aren't working on my end. Slight frown
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam