ITG/DDR
Anyone plays? Share your experience!
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:Anyone plays? Share your experience!

Not sure what ITG is, but DDR yeah I've played that and I suck at it. Thumbs down
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
In the Groove. Slight smile
Ok so I'll go ahead. My ITG experience is still growing, while I'm mostly in playing custom stuff only for the thrill of listening to them songs and actually having more fun that way, I can now clear most 11s and many 12s. Progress is still being made weekly Slight smile
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:Not sure what ITG is, but DDR yeah I've played that and I suck at it. Thumbs down

<tl;dr>.

ITG is very similar to DDR except that it's actually well designed. ITG was designed with player interests in mind (harder stepcharts, better stepcharts, new gameplay concepts, a logical scoring system, tons of gameplay modifiers, etc.), whereas DDR was and continues to be designed by Konami employees who for all I can tell create their content by bashing blindly on their keyboards.

ITG's downfall: in the very early days of the game, Roxor (the makers) didn't have enough $ to manufacture their own arcade cabinets for the game, so to get ITG going they sold it as a DDR cabinet upgrade (so an arcade owner could transform their DDR cabinet into an ITG cabinet). Once ITG took off and started to threaten Konami's dominance in the genre, Konami sued Roxor over their old cabinet mischief and was awarded complete control over the ITG brand.

It's coming close to 9 years since the game was first released, and 7 since the lawsuit put an end to things, but there are still a ton of ITG and ITG2 cabinets around the world in various arcades that arcade owners feel are worthy of keeping around and maintaining. That should say a lot about the game's quality. (There was an ITG3 in development, featuring even more badassery, but progress on that was left permanently incomplete by virtue of the lawsuit. Of course, Konami, in all their awesomeness, has never released any content from ITG3 for fans to enjoy.)

</tl;dr>
Which is why I play that stuff out of my USB device Thumbs up
My YouTube Channel
They look like a lot of fun.

Didn't know what the specifics were on that lawsuit.

Someone should make CC into an arcade game with a step mat thing.
Quote:Someone should make CC into an arcade game with a step mat thing.
If I ever get my hands on a DDR/ITG cabinet, I will definitely make this happen. (I suppose it could already be done with home pads, but the result would probably be quite inferior.)
If anything, the other way around is possible. I've already made a stepchart of canyon.mid, though it's kinda not foot-friendly so I'm not playing it on pads, and Tyler made an even worse stepchart of CHIP02.mid. I guess I could work it out to play it at the arcade, but there are so many better songs out there to play!
My YouTube Channel