London 2012 Olympics Thread
Well guys. I'd thought I'd add an official topic for the 2012 olympics. I loved the opening ceremony yesterday night of course. It would be interesting to see how much the world got the British culture/references in the show.

[Image: 616529_10150936658196459_255335313_o.jpg]

Let the games begin! Thumbs up
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
I got the Mary Poppins thing, but the people coming out of the ground and that giant tree made no sense.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
There goes the queen...
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
As a Brit, of course I loved it, but I can see how watchers from around the world might not have got a lot of it.

James Bond meeting The Queen and then the two of them "parachuting" into the stadium was just brilliant. I really have no idea how they got her to agree to that whole scene Tongue
CC1: 5,954,550 (completed)
--- CCLP1: 5,989,110 (completed)
--- CCLP2: 5,936,410 (148 levels completed)
--- CCLP3: 1,223,887 (a few levels completed)

My levelset JRB_CCLP1.ccl
The Olympics has been great for Great Britain this year! Over 20 gold medals! I know we'll never beat the yanks or the chinese but that's pretty good! I was watching it all week and almost forgot about Chip's Challenge! I regret not getting a ticket to one of the events now. Gives me an idea to have a Chip's Challenge olympics too. Slight smile
Quote:Gives me an idea to have a Chip's Challenge olympics too. Slight smile

Gold medals in sokoban, fireball dodging and the 100 chip dash =]

Well, I've just been watching the Paraolympics and I am really enjoying it! Did anyone else watch the opening ceremony with Stephen Hawking guest starring too? Tongue
Yeah, I had it on in the background while cooking dinner. I brushed off the possibility of him actually being there when I first heard him, but when he actually appeared there in the stadium, my attention was fixated on the TV.

It took the rather sharp pain of boiling water splashing all over the sides of my pot of simmering pasta and onto my hands to realise time had not quite stood still.

Well, that's the end of the Olympics already. It was all fantastic, but I noticed more of the budget seemed to have been placed on the Olympics than the Paraolympics.