Zane/IL108's levels for CCLP1
Originally, I said 100 levels. OK, well, seriously. I doubt that would happen in one month and one day. Come on.

---------------

My CCLP1 set consists of a total 28/29 (and counting!) solvable levels (one dummy level, although not needed.) There are 24 'linked' levels, meaning 24 of these levels are related to the original CC1 levels (1-24). Some are easier than the original, some harder, and some you could say medium.

If you want more info on the levelset history, contents, or levels, you're looking for the zanecclp1.txt located in the .zip. Anyways, two of these levels are actually upcoming in ZaneK1 and ZaneK2 (coming soon...!) so I hope you enjoy those as well.

My personal favorite level I created would be "The Laboratory", as it involves Chip moving through a lab the whole time. Consider it as a gift. Slight smile I would personally make this an 80/90s level in a 149-level set, but that is just my opinion.

Anyways, I'm gonna stop talking so you guys can enjoy this set. The last level is not needed, it's just another dummy level to prevent that dumb terminator glitch. Eh.

Feedback is appreciated. Thanks for playing everyone!

-Zane/IL108

Download the set here ---

http://cczone.invisi...120-zane-cclp1/

*has not announced at newsgroup yet.. it's late Wink*
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
Thumbs up
Lol.

My goal has been ruined.

Anyways, I am uploading this levelset to le yahoo --- idk when I will announce it on newsgroup.. maybe someone do it for me?

< lazy Smiley

Bronze / Silver / Gold
#9 Loose Screw - That hot block at the end is really cheap. Thumbs down

#10 Ring of fire - I really liked this level.

#11 Bidirectional - Is this level busted? I completed it in 2 seconds by going up then left.

#12 Quick Loot - Doesn't work in lynx.

#15 Schooled is busted. After getting the skates you can collect the suction boots.

#20 Slapping the Sandwich Together - This level is filled with cheap traps. I didn't enjoy it.

I haven't played levels 21 - 29 yet; I'll write comments whenever I'm done.
Quote:#9 Loose Screw - That hot block at the end is really cheap. Thumbs down

#10 Ring of fire - I really liked this level.

#11 Bidirectional - Is this level busted? I completed it in 2 seconds by going up then left.

#12 Quick Loot - Doesn't work in lynx.

#15 Schooled is busted. After getting the skates you can collect the suction boots.

#20 Slapping the Sandwich Together - This level is filled with cheap traps. I didn't enjoy it.

I haven't played levels 21 - 29 yet; I'll write comments whenever I'm done.

I knew someone would say something about that hot block. Tongue

Bidirectional is busted if UL is solvable. And level 20, that's one of those levels that are mostly just for fun and I'm not expecting it to make it into CCLP1. Slight smile

I'll fix the busts/issues later when I can.

Bronze / Silver / Gold
#10 - Good level, kept me guessing.

#11 - Great concept, until I discovered the bust (:

#18 - Another good level, good thing the easiest side of the teleport to access is the right path to take, or this would have been very annoying!

#20 - Very dirty, but I actually really enjoyed it, reminded me of Zelgon's Lair from CCLP3.

#21 - The cloned block to the south can be used to clear the bomb and exit. I don't know if this was the intended solution or a bust, but looking in the editor afterwards, it seemed like there was supposed to be more to the level than this.

#23 - A few problems here: The 9th chip, reached by holding down the brown button is unnecessary, as only 8 are required (this chip is rather hard to get due to pushing blocks over force floors whilst surrounded by blobs on ice...) Also, more significantly, two blue keys are required to reach the exit, but as far as i can tell only one is provided. Lastly, but less significantly, the blobs at the start get stuck on the teleport, and bounce back and forth across the ice, rather than keep the "train" going, as I suppose was the intention.

#24 - Had I not realised it was busted early on, this one would definitely have annoyed me. I don't see a green button to switch the toggle walls and get the two chips. If you fixed that, it would still be horrible getting the gliders through the toggle walls to explode the bombs. And even if you fixed THAT, there must be well over a hundred blocks to push, just to find one green, blue and yellow key. There are fourteen red keys, but taking more than one cooks the level! Aargh!

#26 - Another level I enjoyed once I figured out what was going on, but another level I feel the majority will dislike. It's really hard to figure out when it's safe to push blocks off the third clone machine, and right after that is another cheap hot block >_> Still a well-designed level though, the last level in my CCLP1 submissions set is along the same kind of lines, which might have been why I liked this one.

#27 - I've not tried this level yet, but I did notice while glancing at it in the editor that the northern fireball cloner section involves many red buttons pressed at the same time, so no matter what red buttons you hit in the process of getting the suction boots, the eventual pattern always seemed to end up the same, with fireballs cloned from columns 25, 29 and 30 only. Maybe this is intended, but the escape from this room could be made much harder!
CC1: 5,954,550 (completed)
--- CCLP1: 5,989,110 (completed)
--- CCLP2: 5,936,410 (148 levels completed)
--- CCLP3: 1,223,887 (a few levels completed)

My levelset JRB_CCLP1.ccl
Quote:#10 - Good level, kept me guessing.

#11 - Great concept, until I discovered the bust (:

#18 - Another good level, good thing the easiest side of the teleport to access is the right path to take, or this would have been very annoying!

#20 - Very dirty, but I actually really actually enjoyed it, reminded me of Zelgon's Lair from CCLP3.

#21 - The cloned block to the south can be used to clear the bomb and exit. I don't know if this was the intended solution or a bust, but looking in the editor afterwards, it seemed like there was supposed to be more to the level than this.

#23 - A few problems here: The 9th chip, reached by holding down the brown button is unnecessary, as only 8 are required (this chip is rather hard to get due to pushing blocks over force floors whilst surrounded by blobs on ice...) Also, more significantly, two blue keys are required to reach the exit, but as far as i can tell only one is provided. Lastly, but less significantly, the blobs at the start get stuck on the teleport, and bounce back and forth across the ice, rather than keep the "train" going, as I suppose was the intention.

#24 - Had I not realised it was busted early on, this one would definitely have annoyed me. I don't see a green button to switch the toggle walls and get the two chips. If you fixed that, it would still be horrible getting the gliders through the toggle walls to explode the bombs. And even if you fixed THAT, there must be well over a hundred blocks to push, just to find one green, blue and yellow key. There are fourteen red keys, but taking more than one cooks the level! Aargh!

#26 - Another level I enjoyed once I figured out what was going on, but another level I feel the majority will dislike. It's really hard to figure out when it's safe to push blocks off the third clone machine, and right after that is another cheap hot block >_> Still a well-designed level though, the last level in my CCLP1 submissions set is along the same kind of lines, which might have been why I liked this one.

#27 - I've not tried this level yet, but I did notice while glancing at it in the editor that the northern fireball cloner section involves many red buttons pressed at the same time, so no matter what red buttons you hit in the process of getting the suction boots, the eventual pattern always seemed to end up the same, with fireballs cloned from columns 25, 29 and 30 only. Maybe this is intended, but the escape from this room could be made much harder!

Thanks for the feedback Slight smile Yes, I'm currently updating it right now, to fix many of the busts that I was unaware of. (I seem to make big levels without realizing things such as busts and unsolvable areas.. so thank you! 1.0.5 should be released in no more than 1 to 2 hours.) Slight smile

Bronze / Silver / Gold
No problem, it was fun playing (most of) them Tongue

The key thing I've found when making levels is to play them yourself, even if you know they're solvable. If you play your own level and you don't like it, chances are, other players won't like it either. Thankfully, there aren't any "One Star Fun" levels in here for me (:

1.0.5 is going to be up in about 3 minutes! Includes 5 new levels (33 total solvable). One I got a little carried away with, but it's not too hard as long as the monsters don't get in your way. One's also a race against time but is easily beaten with 30 seconds (or somewhere around there) left. It's also a nice artwork level in my opinion, feel free to look at a full map of it in an editor Slight smile

And then of course I added a block pushing level [it's kind of fun to me though...] and a sokoban level. Because what is CC without blocks? Tongue

Fire block

Oh.

Bronze / Silver / Gold
Sweet, might have to wait until the weekend before I try the new/updated levels tho as I have an exam tomorrow :S

Or maybe...

Hello procrastination!