Windows 3.1 inside DOSBox with MSCC... bringing back old times!
I just finished writing an easy to follow guide on how to setup up (wihtout installing any program on your PC) a full Windows 3.1 environment inside the portable version of the program DOSBox. This will let you run MSCC (and other BOWEP/WEP games) inside the old, but still great, Windows 3.1 system.

This is not only an interesting experiment for nostalgics since the use of DOSBox emulating Windows 3.1 is also one of the best ways to run 16 bit games such as MSCC in 64 bit operative systems (I've tested it solving all the CC1 levels from 1 to 10 and the games seems to run perfectly with no lag).

More details are available inside the guide, which can be found here: http://chiphome5.webs.com/MSCC_DosBox_HowTo.pdf

Note: always verify that the commands you write into DOSBox (you'll find them in the guide) are correct, since commands like 'mount c c:' (never execute this command) can cause several damages to your PC if used without knowing what they do!
ChipHome5

Exploring π is like exploring the universe....
I once executed DEL *.* on the root of the C: drive instead of in the subdirectory I intended. It actually deleted the partition -- took hours to get them back (and of course we had no backups.)
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
I've done this before, but sadly I don't have my 3.1 floppy. Slight frown I have MSCC and TW2 on 2 different computers, so I'm good. Thanks for the tutorial anyway! Slight smile
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
You can always just use TW......

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Thanks for posting this! I've added it to my 64-bit info page at my site.
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels