What is spam?
Ok, I'm not trying to spam by asking this, and I guess the best proof is that I started this thread rather than continuing the discussion on the thread on which it originated...

Anyway, different communities seem to have different definitions of this, so what's the CC community think? What qualifies as "spam"? Particularly in the context of an off-topic forum...
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Well, IMO, Spam is just posting mainly to increase your post count or for no purpose whatsoever. The CCBBC page I felt kinda got like that with all the random posts. Also, just random 1 word posts or stuff like that I feel is kind of spam too, but this is just me.
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
Spam is...

a

b

c

d

e

f

h

w

a

g

h

e

This.
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
^...or ads for products.

Quote:Well, IMO, Spam is just posting mainly to increase your post count or for no purpose whatsoever.

Well, "no purpose whatsoever" is rather subjective, don't you think?
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:Well, "no purpose whatsoever" is rather subjective, don't you think?

well, I suppose it's mainly just 1 word posts or 1 letter posts, etc. that I'd call spam. The 'no purpose whatsoever' I suppose was kind of too general.
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
+1
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
Spam is a canned precooked meat product made by the Hormel Foods Corporation.

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam!
When people start that thing where the first person posts A, then the next person posts B, then others can't resist keeping going until someone simply posts "no."
Quote:Spam is a canned precooked meat product made by the Hormel Foods Corporation.

I was wondering how long it would take someone to say that!

Quote:When people start that thing where the first person posts A, then the next person posts B, then others can't resist keeping going until someone simply posts "no."

We should totally do that. Thumbs up