Titanic's 100th Anniversary Thread!
The ocean's depth isn't quite as in-your-face as, for example, a skyscraper's height, even though the skyscraper is nothing compared to the ocean...is it really more the jump you'd be scared of?

I like to think that I would have been like that Baker guy, holding onto the hull and taking liberal sips from his flask as the ship went down. The guy survived without being in a lifeboat, so that has to say something. Thumbs up

Anyway, I think I'd rather freeze to death than drown. Both would be rather unpleasant (duh!), but drowning just seems such a horrible, horrible way to go...ugh. It's painful just to think about.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:The ocean's depth isn't quite as in-your-face as, for example, a skyscraper's height, even though the skyscraper is nothing compared to the ocean...is it really more the jump you'd be scared of?

I like to think that I would have been like that Baker guy, holding onto the hull and taking liberal sips from his flask as the ship went down. The guy survived without being in a lifeboat, so that has to say something. Thumbs up

Anyway, I think I'd rather freeze to death than drown. Both would be rather unpleasant (duh!), but drowning just seems such a horrible, horrible way to go...ugh. It's painful just to think about.

Agreed, and..

Like I can't stand knowing if I fall in the ocean at that height, I'm going to fall at least 10+ feet deep: and I can't stand falling that far.
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold