All things Calvin & Hobbes
^You need to go to the local bookstore, or log onto Amazon, or wherever it is you purchase books, and buy some Calvin & Hobbes collections. Now.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
sample: http://calvinhobbesdaily.tumblr.com/

do some searches and find some strips. I like the snowmen ones.

ian
Building off of that, I don't agree with some of these choices, but they do have some of my favorites, and it's a good enough sampler:

http://www.progressiveboink.com/archive/...hobbes.htm
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
One of my absolute favorite standalone strips that wasn't on that list was the one in which Calvin asked for some gasoline to pour on the lawn so he could write big letters with it and set them on fire so planes could see them while flying overhead, to which his dad said, "I don't even want to know what he wanted to write." Slight smile
I like the one where he begs his dad to do a father-son thing with him, and then when the dad agrees, Calvin asks, "You're old enough to buy explosives and firearms, right?"

And then there's the one where he calls the hardware store and asks for "A catapult...you know, something that will deliver a 50-pound payload of snow onto a small feminine target."
I forgot about Susie!
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
I dig the series in which they're assigned to work together on the same project. Calvin, of course, spends their entire time in the library making a dinosaur flipbook out of one of the reference materials.

During the presentation, he says something like, "Mercury is a registered trademark of Hallmark cards and services, and is a popular figure around the holiday season. Why they named a planet after this guy, I have no idea. Um, back to you, Susie."