All things Calvin & Hobbes
AKA, the best comic strip ever, and one of the best all-time things ever, up there with synth-pop (specifically, 80's British stuff), Star Wars, Elvis Presley, tequila, and warm summer days.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
The days are just packed...
OMG YES.

Thinking of saving up to buy the complete collection online.
'I made 1,000 levels once.' - Jacques

You can find pretty much every strip online, as far as I know. Slight smile But it is nice to have them in printed form.
I remember seeking out all of the treasuries as a kid...good times. I'm glad I have 'em all and didn't junk 'em. I still like to read them from time to time.

I think the Complete Works set (or whatever it's called) still omits the "alternate" comic that was printed early on in the comic's run. I'm not sure if it includes the poems and stuff from the compilations.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
I love Saturday mornings! I get up really early, eat five or six bowls of Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs, watch six hours of cartoons -- and then I'm incoherent and hyperactive for the rest of the day!!
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
"It's SAAAAATURDAY!"
Quote:I love Saturday mornings! I get up really early, eat five or six bowls of Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs, watch six hours of cartoons -- and then I'm incoherent and hyperactive for the rest of the day!!

"Has it been working?"

"No brothers or sisters yet!"

...and that brings up the one where Calvin asks his mother for a baby brother.

"So you can have a new friend?" she asks with a smile on her face.

"No," he says. "I want someone little around that I can beat up."

In the next panel, you see the dad at work, on the phone, saying, "Honey, can we talk about that operation some other time?"

Brilliant.
I've never seen that one before!
I wish I knew what you guys were talking about. Tongue
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]