pi^2.dat's "the end of all time"
yeah it seems a bit long
Quote:I was tempted to leave my Windows 98 laptop on for 3 years to solve it back in 2005, but it caused a fire so I decided not too.

Tell me you are joking...
Quote:the end of all time is and isn't possible - it is, in a way: but I doubt that a computer would last over 314 billion eons!

Particularly without a power outage!

Quote:I was tempted to leave my Windows 98 laptop on for 3 years to solve it back in 2005, but it caused a fire so I decided not too.

I hope this is a joke, because if it's not, I'd feel bad about laughing about it.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.

But...didn't you believe the hint? Tongue
On a vaguely similar note - when the "rumor" was floating around back in '01 or '02 that there was a secret level 150 in CC1 that was accessed by destroying all the water tiles but one in ON THE ROCKS and then drowning in the last water tile, I had my mom try it to see if it was true. Flushed
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
Couldn't that easily be disproved at the time by loading CHIPS.DAT in the editor and noticing that there is no level 150 in there?
Similarly, I thought the fractal generator from Lynx could be found as "level 150" in MS, so I thought I needed to either type in "MAND" or get 6,000,000 points to unlock it. Tongue
Quote:On a vaguely similar note - when the "rumor" was floating around back in '01 or '02 that there was a secret level 150 in CC1 that was accessed by destroying all the water tiles but one in ON THE ROCKS and then drowning in the last water tile, I had my mom try it to see if it was true. Flushed

Hahaha! And what did your mother say when she found out that it wasn't true?

Ah, Internet rumors. Cruel things, they can be.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
For the longest time, there was a rumor surrounding a viral video that demonstrated that if you get all 121 stars in Super Mario Galaxy on Mario and Luigi, you would be able to download the game to your DS. It turns out the video was made by a professional animation-maker, and he managed to make it look just like the game itself. The rumor has since died because many people like me have tried this in an effort to complete the game 100% and found no DS version of the game at the end. Last time I checked, the video is still on YouTube though.
Quote:Couldn't that easily be disproved at the time by loading CHIPS.DAT in the editor and noticing that there is no level 150 in there?

Yes, but I guess I thought the level was that secret that it wouldn't show up in the editors... I was only 11 at the time, but I still should've known better. Tongue

Quote:Hahaha! And what did your mother say when she found out that it wasn't true?

I don't remember, but I suspect that she probably wasn't too surprised that it wasn't... Hopefully she at least listened to music or something to help pass the time... Smiley
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels