I turn 25 in May. Make me a level!
It has been a tradition for me to create a logic puzzle every year based on my upcoming birthday. For example, here is the puzzle I created for my 25th birthday. If logic puzzles confuse you, the rules to this particular puzzle are linked to in the blog post.

Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to humor me with a CC level. Your level must somehow embed the solution to the above logic puzzle. Fwackoom, level 2 from grant2012.ccl (screenshot available on that page), is an example (albeit not an exciting one) of how a level can embed the solution to this smaller puzzle. Be creative!

I will not provide the puzzle's solution on request, although if you send me what you think is the solution, I will tell you whether it's right or not. Also, because I don't want to have to restrict you from uploading your levels to public servers or having nobody playtest your levels, you are allowed to collaborate to solve the puzzle or to create your level.

There may or may not ultimately be a prize (consisting of puzzle books), depending on how I feel. Either way, though, you win an internet should you succeed.
I actually have an idea for this, if I can just find the solution to the puzzle...gonna take some time off at some point to work on it.
Puzzle solved Slight smile By what date do I have to make a level for it?

Nice idea!

Btw, I really did not have time to solve this puzzle today...
Quote:Puzzle solved Slight smile By what date do I have to make a level for it?

Nice idea!

Btw, I really did not have time to solve this puzzle today...

Let's make the deadline 11:59 PM (Central time, my time zone) May 26. Any later than that, and my birthday will be over.
Should I post a picture of an insanely hard level I just made now for the laughs? Smiley
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
Quote:Should I post a picture of an insanely hard level I just made now for the laughs? Smiley

Do it. Maybe there will be humor value to that insanely hard level, and if nobody else submits anything, or if everyone else submits a level which is literally impossible, you win by default. Tongue
Don't post it publicly though, you'll reveal the solution to the puzzle!
This makes it tempting for me to add a custom competitions category on CC Zone. Slight smile
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Why not move threads like this into the competitions section instead of adding a whole new one?

As for the puzzle, it was tougher than I anticipated :-)
TBH, I was reluctant to start this thread because I don't want to distract people from more official competitions, or create a precedent for a thousand unofficial competitions distracting this tiny community from the official ones. If the mods see it fit to move this thread, of course, and thus mark it as semi-official, I won't object. Tongue