Portal
This game - and its sequel - have been mentioned in various threads by multiple forum members, so I thought it deserved a thread of its own. Slight smile What do you think of the series? Its characters? Its puzzles? Feel free to discuss, but beware of spoilers!
Portal 2 has the most unexpected, dramatic ending to any video game I've ever known. The end.
I know! I only wish it wasn't 2:00 in the morning when I saw it because it's totally worth being more awake. Slight smile
I don't think I should be watching on this thread, for spoiler sake. But let's just say the first instalment has made it in my all-time top10 video games.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
I think both games are prime examples of how to present puzzles without making them excruciatingly hard. Slight smile
I've only finished the first Portal, so no spoilers please.

Anyway, the first Portal was fantastic. Glados has hit my top 10 video game villains and the game's puzzle were neither too easy nor too hard, and it didn't outstay it's welcome.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Has anyone seen the Portal 2 "proposal" video on YouTube? Some awesome guy managed to get Ellen McLain, the voice of GLaDoS, and one of the game's writers to write and record original dialogue for some custom levels he made for his girlfriend to play through such that at the end, GLaDOS asks her if she will accept his hand in marriage. Smiley
Wow. All I did was change my then-girlfriend's desktop background with a proposal in my own handwriting (which I had made into a font.) I feel so inferior. Smiley
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
I should seriously take note of all these ideas so I could combine aspects of some of them in some way one day. Slight smile
That's awesome, JB! I really hope one day we have real life Portal guns though. Also JB, you need to get these for your car!

[Image: fuzzydice.jpg]
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]