Does the Caps Lock key really have all that much utility?
I've tried that, and I never have enough room. Tongue
I find Excel spreadsheets to be fairly simple, but I have done a lot of it. To me, Word Tables are a pain in the patooty. The real problem in Excel comes with writing and debugging VBA scripts. But that can be fun too, when you finally succeed at it.

ian
I've made quite a living on VBA the past few years....

Anyway, the Break key is extremely useful if it's been programmed in the application you're using. Hitting Shift+Break twice during any operation in Lotus Notes cancels the operation. You know this is essential if you've ever used Notes. (And no, the escape key won't work -- it has another purpose.)

Basically, all the keys you have came out of some need. Function keys, for example, came about because typing Ctrl+K and then Ctrl+B for bold was ridiculous. (I think that was WordPerfect.) And all you PC users DO have an F13, F14 and F15, it's just that they are labeled as something else (like Print Screen, Break, etc.)

BTW, try hitting Shift-F11 in any MS Office product and see what happens.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
And the Insert key had a vital use back in the DOS days. The fact that Word used it to toggle between Insert and Overwrite wasn't one of their best decisions.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Quote:BTW, try hitting Shift-F11 in any MS Office product and see what happens.

I opened up a blank Word document and tried this, and nothing happened. Should I have tried it on a file with actual data? I was scared to. Wink
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Sorry. That's Alt+F11.

Doesn't seem to work on my new Word Starter 2010, but it does work in 2003.
In 2010 it opened up Visual Basic. My reaction:

Unamused
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.