Why is there a "cancel" option while you're creating a new topic?
I love Ctrl-W and have never had a problem with it, but I agree with the first three sentences of your post.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
In Chrome, I can name 4 shortcuts which all close:

- Ctrl-W

- Alt-F4

- Middle click on tab

- Double click on tab

A bit overkill, right? Because when you have that many shortcut keys which close, it is destined for one to be accidentally pressed from time to time.
Well, that's one of the reasons why I don't use Chrome. I guess I'm so used to using Ctrl-W that I'm good about not accidentally pressing it. Alt-F4 is just too awkward to be useful to someone like me who lives and dies by tabs.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Also, I hate it when I close out one window on something such as Word, then Windows decides to close out every single window without saving. Problem?
Wait. What? How's that happen? What version of Windows are you using? I've never heard of that before. Never experienced it either (obviously).
It's happened probably twice in the last year, no idea why. Another Windows annoyance that I'll probably and hopefully never see again, but I thought it worth mentioning just for fun.
Gosh. Perhaps we need an "Annoying things about Windows" thread?
Yeah, and mention EVERY little fluke we run into just for hilarity. Not a rant frenzy, just a funny list.
I like it!
Quote:It's not like people still use Internet Explorer 3 or something.

This made me laugh. Slight smile

Also, on a side note, I accidentally hit the (moderator-only) "edit" button when I meant to "quote" Trevor's post, for which the "cancel" button was quite nifty. No worrying about reloading the page!