CC AI
Does the AI have the capability to pause/wait?
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
It dosen't handle keys yet, that's being worked on. I've got it handling toggle walls and going straight on ice right now but I don't have a good video of that yet.

BitBuster, the AI technically can't wait right now. As their aren't any monsters in the levels yet their is never a reason the AI would want to wait right now.
I can imagine a scenario in which it might want to wait (think a Block Buster type level), but it'd definitely be a low-priority feature compared to, say, keys/doors (not to mention general monster dodging).
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
I'd be curious to know what pieguy has done regarding the program he used to create the computer.dat levels - does that in any way serve as a solver as well?
Solver, yes, but I wouldn't call it AI. It works by simply trying every possible move, including those that are "obviously" wrong, until it happens upon a solution. The technique can be used to solve any level given enough time and memory.
How long does that take, though, even for a small level?
That's a good question. I was thinking here of computer chess programs, which refine brute force searching by programming the engines to value certain things over others...maybe for CC it wouldn't be worth the effort...

How many moves are possible in a CC level, given the time limit (say Lesson 1 in CC1)? Anyone with better math skills than I do have an idea?
Quote:Solver, yes, but I wouldn't call it AI. It works by simply trying every possible move, including those that are "obviously" wrong, until it happens upon a solution. The technique can be used to solve any level given enough time and memory.

6 posts! pieguy is paying attention! Plankton
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Dun Dun DUN!
Quote:I can imagine a scenario in which it might want to wait (think a Block Buster type level), but it'd definitely be a low-priority feature compared to, say, keys/doors (not to mention general monster dodging).

Very true, however the moving blocks in BitBuster are in the same category and a monster in that they move even when the player is not directly interacting with them. This makes the problem "non-classical" and we will be looking that that latter.