CC AI
EDIT: Go to page two to see a summary of my work on the AI or click on this link to see a Prezi Presentation that has the AI running. http://prezi.com/rbs_w0ai_cze/chips-chal...f-12893181 All the videos except the one with the teeth are done by our AI.

I was wondering if anyone has ever made an AI for Chip's Challenge. I am looking at making one as part of an AI class and I thought it would be a good idea to mention it here.

Also, would people be interested in seeing the progress of the AI as it develops?
An AI to solve CC puzzles? That sounds really difficult. I would be interested in seeing it if you do it.
I don't know how to program the AI in Chip's Challenge, but if you do have some luck with modifying it, please let us know. Slight smile
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
It would be fun to see an AI programmed for, say, the teeth, to make him go around corners, avoid traps and other such things in order to get to Chip. Teeth
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
That would indeed be interesting - but it'd make some levels impossible.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
It could be an option, or a feature for certain levels.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
I suppose it depends on your definition of AI. I've solved a handful of levels via computer, but most of those were just optimized brute-force (and a few traveling salesman).
I like the idea of it being an option for TW that the designer can flag on in an editor. Otherwise the default AI is used. That would solve the problem with other levels being unsolvable.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
Making the teeth find a path to get you wouldn't be that hard, a simple a-star search would do it. Changing the behavior of the teeth, even with an option in tile world could cause confusion in the long run because what setting a level is ment to be played with would not be part of the level file. Also, it would be nice to have such a monster be visually distinct. Unfortunately we'd need a new level format to do that.

Also, it is cool to know people are interested I'll post more as I make some progress.
I guess you're right that it's likely to be unpredictable, that's why I suggested it as an On/Off feature such as a special cheat of some sort.
My YouTube Channel