Lynx ChipWiki?
Quote:I think this is a great idea. I always wondered why the Wiki was so MS-centric.

I do too - I think the reason is because the community has gathered around MS until Tile World came out in 2001. But even at that, there wasn't an official community-produced set for Lynx until CCLP3.
So should I go through with it, or should I get consent from Mike to use the existing Chipwiki?

And also, I agree with Miika. Videos for levels like patchwork, where the solution is the exact same don't need to be made.
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
I'd be OK with Lynx videos being added to the existing ChipWiki YouTube account... Technically Craig (Arnold) is the owner of the account - not sure how active he is anymore, but maybe we should try check with him first (and Andrew too...).
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
I asked Andrew, and he said it should be okay if I use the existing Chipwiki channel. However I haven't contacted Craig yet, mostly because I don't know how I'd do that. Does anybody know how I could?

This is a question for Mike:

And if Craig agrees, then I would probably have to gain access to the Chipwiki channel. Would that be okay, or is that forbidden?
It'd be fine with me if you had the ChipWiki password. I'll send you Craig's email address in a PM in case he doesn't want it posted publicly...
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
Okay, so Craig has allowed me to do this, but I still have one more thing to work out:

How can others send in their solutions?

There isn't a Chipcap for TW, and so they couldn't use that, but they could use other recording software. However, not everybody would have access to a recording software. So if that's the case, should they just send me their TWS file and tell me what level to record and post?
Quote:Okay, so Craig has allowed me to do this, but I still have one more thing to work out:

How can others send in their solutions?

There isn't a Chipcap for TW, and so they couldn't use that, but they could use other recording software. However, not everybody would have access to a recording software. So if that's the case, should they just send me their TWS file and tell me what level to record and post?

Actually you can use ChipCap to record TW - open MSCC and place it directly over the TW window (having stretched the CC window to be the same size as TW), start recording, and then move the MSCC window out of the way - ChipCap will then record the TW window. The quality's pretty poor though, and this wouldn't work for those with 64-bit computers anyway... So I guess maybe the best solution would be for you to record them from others' TWS's, unless they have a recording program to do it themselves...
Mike L

My level sets:
Alright then, I suppose that'll be how I'll do it.
Alright, one final question: Should I make videos for the levels where the solution is no different from the MS route?
Quote:Alright, one final question: Should I make videos for the levels where the solution is no different from the MS route?

Hmmm, I guess it would be kind of redundant...but on the other hand, those playing in Lynx might prefer to watch the solutions in Lynx as well... I'd be all right with either option I guess...
Mike L

My level sets: