The LUNIT bust
How does it work, exactly? I'm a bit confused, because I'm under the impression that MS walkers *always* move (i.e. they can't get "stuck" in a corner the way Lynx walkers can), and so how can the walkers possibly stop cloning long enough for Chip to fill in the water spaces and double back through the toggle door?
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Water tile at (19, 29).
Oh, ok...so the corridor fills up and then you have to wait in the toggle door room until enough walkers die that you can follow one upwards back to the ice (and then back through the walker corridor again)?
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
There's no waiting involved - that's why the bold is so difficult to get. Only one move can be sacrificed.
::Scratches head::

(This is why I'm not a competitive Chipster!)
Quote:Oh, ok...so the corridor fills up and then you have to wait in the toggle door room until enough walkers die that you can follow one upwards back to the ice (and then back through the walker corridor again)?

You only go through the walker corridor once. Once the toggle door is opened, you exit back through the water to get to the block cloner again.
Oh, ok! That makes sense...I'm still having trouble visualizing how the walkers leave enough room for you, though. Why do you only have a grace period of one move?
Because the optimal time is 579.2.
Oh! My mistake: I didn't see that you specified that you could only lose one move for the bold. I was thinking in terms of completing the level that way, no matter what the time (which, in hindsight, obviously makes no sense!). Sorry!