Tile World 2 64-bit patch
What about a way to tell if the level is played in odd/even step? That's one thing I don't like about TW2. Otherwise, It's great Slight smile
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
Quote:What about a way to tell if the level is played in odd/even step? That's one thing I don't like about TW2. Otherwise, It's great Slight smile
Press "o". Don't know if that feature was added after your post though....
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Quote:- Potentially advantageous incorrectness in mouse emulation in MS mode

Whoa, if you're actually handling competitive issues...I sent you an email in the middle of June about a Lynx issue, which appears to be related to ajmiam's thread on clone desynchronization in Lynx. I'm not actually sure if you got it, since you never responded (I think I came across rudely in that email, so that could also be the reason why). In any case, that issue is worth a fix as well if you can track down the source of it.
Quote:Press "o". Don't know if that feature was added after your post though....

Yes , "o" toggles between odd and even step, but unlike TW1, it doesn't display the word "(odd)" on the right. I think that's what Hornlitz meant.
They call me Earthling, for I come from Earth.

Earthling1.dat, my levelset.
Quote:Yes , "o" toggles between odd and even step, but unlike TW1, it doesn't display the word "(odd)" on the right. I think that's what Hornlitz meant.

Yes it does Tongue
It does? Do you have a different version of TW2?

It does say even-step and odd-step in the lower-right, but only before you start playing the level. (Edit: specifically, right after you press 'o') TW1 says (odd) right next to the time the whole time you're playing.
They call me Earthling, for I come from Earth.

Earthling1.dat, my levelset.
Is "better TWS handling" on that list? Like an ability to handle individual level solutions besides simply deleting them? Or if i want to rename a levelset and the .dac files associated with it, can i have a way to not have to redo all of it?

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Quote:Whoa, if you're actually handling competitive issues...I sent you an email in the middle of June about a Lynx issue, which appears to be related to ajmiam's thread on clone desynchronization in Lynx. I'm not actually sure if you got it, since you never responded (I think I came across rudely in that email, so that could also be the reason why). In any case, that issue is worth a fix as well if you can track down the source of it.

I apologize for not responding to your e-mail, my dear fellow. You certainly didn't come across rudely.

It came at a time when I "couldn't be bothered much", and that situation has - over the past few months - further degraded to approximately zero CC time. That message has been lying in my Yahoo Inbox as the one unread message which I must some day reply to, for so long now, that I am used to seeing "Inbox (1)" as an indication of no new mail, and dare not open it for fear of being confused.

Just kidding.

Meanwhile, Miika - who has the ability to send me messages that seemingly innocently meander into random topics in a way that somehow prompt me to respond - hath discussed an odd behavior with a bug turning around when it could-and-should have turned right (in a level constructed by random8 I think), which he cleverly presented in the form of screenshots to sufficiently arouse my curiosity. I believe it was not a bug (I mean the behavior) and provided a hypothesis that would explain it [forwarded that to you now]. The crux was that if a creature makes a choice of direction on step x, then on step x+1 it will "turn" in that direction, irrespective of whether that direction is now blocked; and if indeed blocked, then on step x+2 it will make its new choice of direction with the consideration that it has already "turned". Possibly the same applies to Blazes, but I'm still too lazy to check the TWS or the code.

- Madhav.

[Goes back into cave.]
I first discovered that behavior when playing "Go Back To Start" in CCLP3, trying to lead the paramecia to the bombs. I suspect all monsters have that behavior, though it would be insignificant for some. Also, those are probably my screenshots (it's possible he made his own after i showed it to him).

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Quote:I first discovered that behavior when playing "Go Back To Start" in CCLP3, trying to lead the paramecia to the bombs. I suspect all monsters have that behavior, though it would be insignificant for some. Also, those are probably my screenshots (it's possible he made his own after i showed it to him).
They were yours. I might have been unclear about their origin, so apologies. I still call it a bug and not a logical behavior, though understanding it does make it easier to use. (see Obsacle Course for example Wink hint hint)

Madhav, if I could choose how you spend your CC time, I'd be torn between having you make more levels, adding features to TW, giving people feedback on custom levels,or just discussing stuff with you. I hope you'll lose your job and end up doing all those things. Yes, I guess I'm a bit spoiled.