Background color in Tile World?
Quote:.rc files ( compiled to .res files) are used by the ("C") compiler and making changes in them won't do anything unless the source is recompiled. (I apolgize in advance if you already understand this.)

True, but this is an rc file without a '.' Tongue

Basically, "rc" is the current name of the TW .ini file, which is read at run-time.

And actually, even the TW source code doesn't use any .rc files.

The only resource is a .ico which is directly compiled using:-

echo SDL_app ICON tworld.ico | windres -o tworldres.o

- Madhav.
Thanks Madhav
If the background is a gradient fill, and you know the blue numbers, the red, green and grey ones should be self-explanatory. However,. secondary and tertiery colors (like pink, purple and gold) could be more complex.

If you have the blue numbers I can work out a bunch of other numbers for you.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Quote:Is it supposed to be not hackable because of copyright and piracy and stuff?????

Not everything has a copyright on it. Tongue
Quote:Not everything has a copyright on it. Tongue

Actually, TW1 is copyrighted by Brian Raiter, and TW2 is copyrighted by me and him.

I didn't care to add my name to the copyright for TW2, but Brian told me that I needed to copyright it in order that I have the right to release it under the GPL (or at least that's how I interpreted what he wrote to me). In other words, one needs to first stake ownership on one's creation to ensure that it can remain free for the rest of the world - is how I understood it. Some day I may try to learn more.

- Madhav.
Yeah, that makes sense; it ensures that someone else (with less altruistic motives) can't copyright it (you could fight such a claim, of course, but who would want to do that?).
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.