Recording Chip's Challenge footage
Quote:Chip ran out of time on the old computer while the newer one's counter had 4 seconds left...

Or perhaps the other way around? :-)

Fascinating either way. I had an old computer that even ran Minesweeper slower, which really made a noticable difference.
It makes more sense to me that the old computer runs it faster because CC was never built for XP and stuff like that, but still since everyone has it or something newer nowadays, I far prefer people use Hypercam which also records sound.
Quote:It makes more sense to me that the old computer runs it faster because CC was never built for XP and stuff like that
Oddly enough, both computers that I did the "test" on actually were XP... The older one was a 2002 Dell and the newer one was a 2005/2006 Dell...
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
I don't mind using ChipCap for my videos. I think it works best when I'm trying to complete a specific level, but now that I'm getting used to Tile World because of the annoyance of not being able to play Chip's Challenge properly on 64 bit machines, I think using Hypercam on the TWS solutions is probably the best way of doing it.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]