Poll: Curiosity Killed the Tooth
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Frogs
84.62%
11 84.62%
Dentures
15.38%
2 15.38%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Frogs or Dentures?
I love the way the CC Wiki implies that sentient beings have poor navigation skills:

Fortunately, [Teeth's] navigation skills are poor. The teeth has an almost sentient programming, which makes it the most complex monster in Chip's Challenge.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Are my mom and I the only ones that used to refer to the teeth as gators? Confused

Then again, we also used to call the chip socket the "gray thing" and the exit "the blue". Smiley
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
Quote:Then again, we also used to call the chip socket the "gray thing" and the exit "the blue". Smiley

Awesome! But then what did you call the water tiles, if the exit was blue?

And actually, if the Teeth were real animals, I think they're closer to gators than frogs...
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:Awesome! But then what did you call the water tiles, if the exit was blue?

Water was water. Smiley I think the teeth, socket, and exit were the only tiles that our names for them were way off from what everyone else calls them, except maybe traps (which we called bear traps) and thieves (spies)...
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
I grew up with "Frog" as that is what my grandma called them. So frog it is for me. Usually I say "teeth" though as that is what the majority seems to refer to them as.
Quote:Water was water. Smiley I think the teeth, socket, and exit were the only tiles that our names for them were way off from what everyone else calls them, except maybe traps (which we called bear traps) and thieves (spies)...

I called them bear traps too! I'm not sure why I got excited about that, but I did.

It's the little things, you know. Wink
Frogs, though I always called them teeth when I was younger.
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
I just realized that this is probably the only exception to the "I called everything as it was known in the Help file when I was younger" bit I posted in the other thread. Slight smile

When I first read the file, I was confused when it said "Teeth chase you, chattering all the way." Maybe it was just that I was still learning proper English and that it would've been much less confusing had the Help file said "The tooth monster chases you..." So for a while, I just called it "The Monster." But I don't really have much of a preference these days.
Quote:I just realized that this is probably the only exception to the "I called everything as it was known in the Help file when I was younger" bit I posted in the other thread. Slight smile

When I first read the file, I was confused when it said "Teeth chase you, chattering all the way." Maybe it was just that I was still learning proper English and that it would've been much less confusing had the Help file said "The tooth monster chases you..." So for a while, I just called it "The Monster." But I don't really have much of a preference these days.

You also call recessed walls "pop-up" walls AFAIK, is that what is written in the help file?
They're chattering novelty teeth!
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan