Poll: What age did you first played Chip's Challenge?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1-5
39.13%
9 39.13%
6-13
43.48%
10 43.48%
14-19
4.35%
1 4.35%
20-28
8.70%
2 8.70%
29+
4.35%
1 4.35%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What age you first played Chip's Challenge?
I first played at around four or five. I too was stuck for Lesson 7 for a little bit, then I got stuck on I.C. You for a longer time, then I Slide for the longest time until I looked up all the passwords.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
I was either five or six, so I don't know which poll option to choose... Smiley
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
I was around 8 or 9 when I started this game. Had to skip many, many levels way before my LP, at the age of 21 Tongue
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:I think I may have mentioned this before on the NG, but I have to ask - did anyone discover the "ignore passwords" function by accident? I did around the time I was on "Teleblock," and for some reason, instead of taking me all the way to "Thanks to...", as it does now, it only went as far as "Potpourri," which I had to beat before using it on another set of levels, which I believe lasted up until "Catacombs." It's strange, because this has never happened since.

Me too! I was at my grandma's house, and we were both under belief that there were only 144 levels in the game. However, I noticed that entering level 145 asked for a password, so I had expected it to never work and simply have no password as it didn't exist. Imagine both of our excitement when one day I pressed Control-N randomly at 144 expecting a password prompt, but I got "Thanks to..." and the names of the people who helped design the game. I also had the belief that the game would do weird things if you touched the border (in all other levels but 145 it has a border so it is impossible) and I had the weirdest dreams about touching the border and finding sneaky ways in the levels to do so.

Turns out, what happened was that when trying to press Control-R while playing normally before this incident, I accidentally hit Control-T instead (or at least that is what I suspect). I also discovered that touching the border only resulted in "Oof!" just like a wall, but I was still very happy to have this mystery solved.

Many years later, I found CCLP2 online and tons of videos on websites (probably Mike L's site or the Chip's Challenge Corridor), of course this was before I even knew of YouTube. After watching my grandma and parents go through the insanely complicated "MyChips" process of creating an EXE file for CCLP2, I could finally play on her computer, and then we e-mailed it back home so I could play there too (not knowing it was illegal, but who cares anyway?). Later on (~2005), I finally stopped procrastinating a Google search to see if there were any ways to make your own levels, since I was so disappointed from before that the game didn't have a level editor of any sort (most other puzzle games I played did). Sure enough, I found ChipEdit, and later figured out how to use MyChips to make custom levels work. PB Gourami (my really old set) was then born.
I had dreams about heaven including a Chip's Challenge editor - and even a level I could design with it. Slight smile Then, in 1998, it all came true at last...
It came true in 2011 for me, as silly as it sounds.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
I know this game when I was 6 years old. My 98' Windows has a Chip's Challenge game in it.
Reynaldi Judianto Angry Unamused Fail
aoue
Quote:It's interesting to hear people's stories on when they first played Chip's Challenge. I must have been about 3 or 4 when I first bumped into it. It was the first computer in our house and it was Windows 3.1 and it had the Windows Entertainment Pack, and no surprisingly Chip's Challenge was the game I played on it the most.
This sums it up for me. I also played the games in this Disney pack that I don't know the name of. It included a game called Stunt Island, which had many elements of a sandbox game, and so I spent lots of time playing that as well.

Quote:I had dreams about heaven including a Chip's Challenge editor - and even a level I could design with it. Slight smile Then, in 1998, it all came true at last...
I designed plenty of paper levels until my dad found me an editor, ChipEdit, around that time. It made me so happy. Slight smile

But then one day my hard drive exploded (seriously made a loud noise) after saving a file and I lost most of my levels. Sad day. Slight frown