Playing CC on a Lynx emulator?
I recently did this, using an emulator called Handy. I downloaded the rom from AtariAge, and launched it up. It was fun actually, playing the original version, after playing the MS, DOS and TW. (I also managed to run the fractal set Tongue)

Anybody else already tried this / interested?
- budugoo
I'm not doing it myself but all I can say is HOW DO YOU EVEN DO THAT
Sewiouswy, Pom-Pom, whewe is that CCLP4 I so want?

~Chipwoodstock
Chip Win
Quote:I'm not doing it myself but all I can say is HOW DO YOU EVEN DO THAT

If you're interested - download Handy, the rom and fire it up! Slight smile
- budugoo
I tried to do this a while back and I couldn't get the rom to work. It might have been because I was using an older version of Handy or a bad rom, so I will try it again soon using a rom from AtariAge. How different is it from TW lynx in terms of gameplay?
I haven't played but I watched videos. While I find the graphics of tile world definitely better (except for the teeth possibly, I like the teeth from the original for some reason) I gotta say I really love the music. And they had more than only two songs which is nice.

I particularly like the opening song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU1B_-Y1j9A

in the credits: "Dung Dang" ??
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
Dung Dang was referenced in the level "Loop Around." Slight smile
oh that's right! I feel very sorry for that person Smiley [just occurred to me they could be non-English Fail ]

I've been listening to the music and dang, (no pun) it's really awesome. I mean, I do like both songs from the Microsoft version but having only two was a let down imo.

-Hakwin Rinzai

-'The Dude' Lebowski
In the version I had (which was from the Best of Windows Entertainment Pack), canyon.mid was used as an additional track, sandwiched between the two others. You can actually configure what music you want to have played using entpack.ini, but I think it accepts only .mid files.
On my version, canyon.mid is listed in the INI file, but I don't think any of my computers actually had canyon.mid. Tongue
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
Actually I remember now, when I still played the original version (not tileworld) I did put in almost 20 of my own songs, MIDI files from other games. My computer didn't have canyon either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=bcV8...=endscreen Thumbs up

-Hakwin Rinzai

-'The Dude' Lebowski