Poll: MS or Lynx
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
MS
24.14%
7 24.14%
Lynx
24.14%
7 24.14%
Both
51.72%
15 51.72%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

MS or LYNX?
As Dave's mentioned before, the blue button timing can be tricky. It took me far longer to complete Once Upon A Troubadour in Lynx than it did in MS. And pink balls tend to be more annoying in Lynx...

All the same, Lynx is generall more pleasurable to play through, mainly because of the smooth animation. (Though splash delay is REALLY annoying.)
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:has far less glitches in my opinion.

Opinion? I thought that was a fact... Wink
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
Quote:Opinion? I thought that was a fact... Wink

So it does have less gltiches? Does block slapping count as a glitch or a mechanic in Lynx?
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
I always thought it was a mechanic, which made levels like Block & Roll far fairer.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:As Dave's mentioned before, the blue button timing can be tricky. It took me far longer to complete Once Upon A Troubadour in Lynx than it did in MS. And pink balls tend to be more annoying in Lynx...

All the same, Lynx is generall more pleasurable to play through, mainly because of the smooth animation. (Though splash delay is REALLY annoying.)

I actually prefer the pink balls (and some other monsters) in Lynx because if I blink I can still tell which way they are moving. JAILER is a good example.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
That's a good point. Also probably explains why Blobnet is infinitely easier in Lynx than it is in MS...
Quote:That's a good point. Also probably explains why Blobnet is infinitely easier in Lynx than it is in MS...

Sort of. You can tell where the blob is headed, which definitely made it much easier for me. Certain people claim you can time your moves in MS so the blobs aren't moving -- way too complicated for me.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Quote:So it does have less gltiches? Does block slapping count as a glitch or a mechanic in Lynx?

I'm pretty sure it was an intended feature, or maybe an "Easter egg"... It probably couldn't be added to MS due to the non-scrolling movements - if you were holding one key and pressed another, you would just either switch to that direction or the second key press would be ignored altogether...
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
Orrrr..... it wasn't in the notes.
Because of familiarity, I always wanted to play in MS. I have a few levels still to finish in CCLP3 in MS, including that rascally frog. I found that after playtesting my level submissions for CCLP3 in LYNX, my mind went buggy when I returned to the MS mode. The clunky graphics were horrible. It took a while to reacclimate. I am better at switching between the two now, though. What I would like to see would be a hybrid; Lynx graphics and the MS ruleset.

Ian