Poll: What's your favourite secret level in Chip's Challenge?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Thanks to...
9.52%
2 9.52%
CAKE WALK
61.90%
13 61.90%
FORCE FIELD
4.76%
1 4.76%
MIND BLOCK
4.76%
1 4.76%
SPECIAL
19.05%
4 19.05%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Favourite CC1 Secret Level
Yeah, I'm actually fine with Force Field too, as it's impossible to die Wink

I still like Special better though.
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
"Cake Walk" is my favorite CC1's secret level and "Special" is the worst CC1's secret level I ever played.
Reynaldi Judianto Angry Unamused Fail
Cake Walk has a special nostalgia to it that isn't seen much inside me on the other levels, except maybe Force Field which comes in 2nd place for me. Mind Block? Boring. Special? Boring-ish. Thanks To? Not a real level but still a fun addition. I remember how I didn't know how to use all the blocks on the left side of Cake Walk to get all the chips over there and I had to steal some from the room on the right to make it work, it is quite funny.
Cake Walk for me. I used to not like it that much, but i started playing it again when i was improving my CC1 score and i realized how cool it is.
Quote:Cake Walk has a special nostalgia to it that isn't seen much inside me on the other levels, except maybe Force Field which comes in 2nd place for me. Mind Block? Boring. Special? Boring-ish. Thanks To? Not a real level but still a fun addition. I remember how I didn't know how to use all the blocks on the left side of Cake Walk to get all the chips over there and I had to steal some from the room on the right to make it work, it is quite funny.

I'm not really a big fan of "Mind Block" either. Much of the reason is because unlike a level like "On the Rocks," which involves actual exploration - albeit time-consuming exploration - "Mind Block" is almost symmetrical and defines its boundaries, leaving plain block-pushing as the only real challenge.
I liked Mind Block better than On The Rocks, primarily because it was quicker to complete. I don't mind block pushing levels if they're creative and fun (Up The Block, Roadsign), but when the task is just "blow up some bombs" or "build endless bridges," it gets tiresome very quickly.

Special was one of the most entertaining CC1 levels for me, at least the first time out. Sure, the booby-trapped blocks were a pain, but it had a playful "what's your objective here?" feel about it.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
In Special, I wandered around going "where the heck is the exit?" Never occurred to me it could be under a block, since before only keys, boots, chips and fire were under blocks.

Now, of course, we see all kinds of stuff under blocks.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
I don't even know how I learned the solution to Special O_o

I don't remember trying to figure it out, but maybe I just got the solution from my siblings?

I also never knew about the hints in the level... up until a few years ago.

Man, I really didn't know anything back then...
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
I guess when I played "Special," I was so used to discovering fire under blocks that I suspected the exit would be the same way...
I do love the level 145, because it's the first one we discover as a secret level, and what a rest to just walk and enjoying beautiful colors and words, I really appreciated it and I used to do it thousands of time when I was small !

The others are quiet harder, not a promenade !!!