Mario Kart
Who loves the Mario Kart games? I think the new one on the 3DS is good, but is actually a downgrade from the one on the DS. The Wii one is good online, but very frustrating on single player. Double Dash on GC was the last really good one in my opinion, but nothing will top the enjoyment of Mario Kart 64. Your thoughts?
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
I have to agree that Double Dash and Mario Kart 64 are my favorite ones.

I absolutely love these games.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
As much as I enjoy the Wii iteration, the larger number of players and some of the new items didn't really add much to the game for me. Mario Kart 7 looks like it combines many of the best aspects of the previous games, with an impressive track listing to boot. I'm hoping to play it soon.
MK7 is a downgrade? The graphics are amazing, the gameplay works very well, my only complaints are the CPU rubber banding offline and the balance of items online where if you get hit by one red shell it is almost always followed up with a star or bullet bill sending you all the way back to last. Also, don't forget the glitch on Maka Wuhu that allows LOSERS to vote-spam it and then glitch on it every time just to win (I do not do this for obvious reasons). Enough nitpicking, my favorite addition is definitely the hang gliders and creative track elements. Rainbow Road is a highlight, and it is quite possibly my favorite track in the game.

MKWii has some issues in my opinion. It's item balance sucks, where a thundercloud item can almost always backfire on you and ruin a perfect race, and the POW block just annoys everyone. Bikes are a broken addition, which make drifting and cornering too easy and superior to using a kart. And the mega mushroom? Way too similar to the star IMO, I'm thankful they took it out in MK7. As most of you guys know I am one of a group of hackers which has reverse-engineered the game (All I do is make custom tracks though, and let the tech guys do all the programming crap), and while Nintendo hates it I have made quite a few of my own tracks that have game mechanics that I thought Nintendo forgot to include, such as a track that takes place on the moon and (coming soon) a track that takes place within the world of Portal.
Well, I've never tried N64 Mario Kart or Mario Kart 7, but I can honestly say Double Dash is my favorite of all time. DS comes second, and then MKWii, and finally SNES version. I love them all though. Slight smile
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
It'll be Mario Kart 64 for me. I'm amazed that MKDS and MKSC aren't mentionned that much, as they're absolutely genius.

Mario Kart Wii is a fantastic game, but nothing can surpass the hype and ingeniosity brought by Mario Kart 64.

Mega Mushroom: That's a genius idea, quite on the humourous side and still useful.

POW block: Great idea too, nothing against it.

Thundercloud: Kinda agreeing on that one, since it has no real use other than make you panic for no reason.

Online gaming: Best addition, the most fun comes from that. Amazing game length too with the unlockables and stuff.

Double Dash did a great job with unlockables too.

SMK was soooooooo powerful to me, such a shame the controls are a bit off.

MK7 also seems to me like a downgrade, but not for the same reasons. It offers new feats while abandonning some important ones IMO. And we don't care about losers who exploit a glitch, you could do it pretty much in every game in the series.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow