Sequel levels?
What do you guys think of having levels that are sequels from the original Chip's Challenge? We could have Icehouse II, Cityblock II, Special II, Mix Up II, Trust Me II, Victim II, Block Buster III, and Icedeath II. I think it could be a nice nod to the original, since CCLP1 chronologically happens just after the original, right?
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
As much as it would be fun to reference the original game, I don't really think we should do so this directly. The purpose of CCLP1 is to serve as a suitable substitute for CC1, not as a sequel. Its primary audience is people who have never played CC at all, and as such, creating sequels to the original game's levels probably won't be as meaningful here as it would in future level sets. Slight smile
Quote:Icehouse II, Cityblock II, Special II, Mix Up II, Trust Me II, Victim II, Block Buster III, and Icedeath II.

I like how at least three of those are sequels to the most hated levels in CC1 Slight smile Also, we already have a Trust Me II and II, that is Trapped and Magic Trick. I do think there should be a Trust Me-esque level in CCLP1 though.

As for other sequels, I don't think it's a good idea. The veterans will see their inclusion in CCLP1 as unoriginal and lazy, while the newcomers would make no distinction between the sequel levels and the rest of the set.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
I agree with J.B. on this, though I do think we should still have sequels of levels in CCLP1, as they made in the other 3 sets.
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
Well it is pretty much said there. I like having a Trust me-esque level too, though.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Internal sequels (like Jumble I, II, III and Block Buster I, II) are fine I think, but sequels to levels outside CCLP1 aren't such a good idea as has been mentioned by many others.
Impossible 7. That needs to be done.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
NO SEQUELS OF ANY KIND. I know CC1 had two block factories, but still....NO.

Now sequels and tributes are great for CCLP4.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Well, I think it shouldn't be out of question, namely for the fact that both CC1, CCLP2 and CCLP3 had some. No sequel to something else, sure, but inner sequels, why not exactly?
My YouTube Channel
Quote:NO SEQUELS OF ANY KIND. I know CC1 had two block factories, but still....NO.

Why? Most of the sequel levels in CCLP2 bore no resemblance to their originals, Joyride was the only one that did, so it's not like they were being lazy with the designing or selection process. And some sequels had a different designer than the original, like Warehouse (Tyrethali and Eric), Jumble (myself, Mike, and Ida), and Replay (Mike and Ida).
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.