MikeL3
Okay, so this set's technically been released already....but it is still under construction, and I've just added a beta version here in the downloads section. The new version is up to 20 levels, and due to laziness/lack of ideas/realization that without a good idea I probably couldn't create levels on par with others, the only "new" levels since the last version from pie guy's site are actually slightly modified versions of levels from my other sets... Smiley I'm not ruling out the possibility that some actual new levels might show up here eventually, but we'll see if inspiration strikes...

Any thoughts on the levels included here? I'm particularly debating on removing levels #11 and #18 - #11 due to the number of other toggle levels in this set, #18 due to the overuse of blocks "bouncing back"... I'm also considering changing the number of teeth in level #20 to make the ending easier...
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
Well, I've only played, like, the first 5 levels or something like that, but they are pretty good! I'd certainly like to see the rest of the levels! Where are they at?
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
Thanks!

I'm not sure if you're talking about the rest of MikeL3 or the rest of my bigger sets, so I'll link to both... Smiley

The "beta" MikeL3 with more levels is on this site, in the downloads section: http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/5-mikel3/

My other sets, MikeL2/MikeL2-fix and MikeLrejects, can be found at my site: http://www.pillowpc2001.net/MikeL2 (MikeLrejects is actually at pie guy's site, but there's a link to that on the MikeL2 page)
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
I was just talking about the MikeL3 beta version with more levels. I already have your other sets Wink

Thanks
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
I'm definitely liking the new level titles for the older levels. Slight smile
Thanks John - I think some of my older level titles are just words that I threw together and thought sounded good... Smiley

I guess I should probably mention the other changes I've done to the "new" levels since their original versions:

- Some levels have had some minor changes to make them pedantic Lynx compatible.

- Time limits have been increased on many levels; although a few stayed the same and one was actually decreased (#14, "Guarded Hallways", formerly "Unbearable").

- Removed some of the balls in #14.

- Removed some of the paramecia and walkers in #15.

- Modified some of the chip placements in the force floor section of #19 to make it a bit easier.

- Removed 2 blobs, a walker, and a ball in #20 to make it easier.
Mike L

My level sets:
An update to this set might be coming soon... 15 levels are ready so far, 14 of which are more levels stolen from MikeL2 and MikeLrejects... Tongue The other is a modification of "Tanky Block" from MikeL2 that is probably different enough to be considered a new level... I have ideas for two new levels (I know, I was surprised too... Smiley), so they may show up too - well at least one will, because the other will probably be submitted to the Create Competition first if I get it done in time.

The "new" levels are all spread throughout the set, so hopefully you've been playing in Tile World or have Chip's Controls' Score Editor handy... Wink

edit - make that one new idea - I had forgotten that this Create Competition required a level with 3 different solutions... Tongue But I did get my other idea made into a level, so the updated MikeL3 should be released in a few days as soon as I get the new levels tested...
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL3 has now been updated here in the Downloads section with 16 "new" levels, only 2 of which are actually new... Slight smile The two new ones are #10 (Parallel Tanks), the "Tanky Block" remake, and #20 (Stadium Seating), which is probably the most I ever focused on a level's story, which might have ended up in the story being more interesting than the level itself... I'll be curious to see if anyone can figure out what all the 4 corner rooms represent... Tongue The other levels are slightly modified MikeL2/MikeLrejects levels, with some changes done to make them pedantic Lynx compatible or just to make them easier. While preparing the update and testing the levels, I realized that my levels seem to have an awful lot of monster dodging and guesswork... Confused Some of it has been taken out in many levels, but there's still probably more changes I could have made...

Here's the CCzone download link (I'll upload it to pie guy's site again once I'm fairly sure I won't change the level order again...):

http://cczone.invisi.../file/5-mikel3/

edit - Updated again; levels slightly reordered, and "Tank Controlling II" removed - the timing would just be too hard for a CCLP1 level... Since I don't think I'll be changing or reordering the levels anymore, I've updated the set at pie guy's site as well:

http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~pieguy/chi...set=MikeL3
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL3 has been updated here and at pie guy's site. Pretty minor updates: Stadium Seating's hint has been shortened so it can be read in MSCC, and Teleporting Madness I's top right corner room has been modified to look more like the original, but with a hint describing the pattern so it can still be figured out without the editor.

edit - I guess this set's not really under construction anymore; would a moderator be able to move it to the Level Discussion subforum? Thanks!
Mike L

My level sets:
Hopefully no one played beyond level 9 of the last version of this set... Wink

MikeL3 has been updated again, basically becoming a full-fledged "best-of" compilation set. All levels beyond #9 have been rearranged, and a lot of new (and when I say new I mean taken from MikeL2 and MikeLrejects but new to MikeL3... Tongue ) levels have been added into the mix. I decided to abandon my self-imposed pedantic-Lynx restriction (although the levels that were already in the set will remain pedantic), and there are even a few MS-only levels in there too. All MS-only levels have at least one invalid tile, so Lynx players can more easily determine and skip over them. For the same reason, all levels not pedantic Lynx compatible have at least one north or west thin wall tile.

Some of the levels have been changed from their originals, most only slightly, but some have important differences (Rush Hour no longer requires the editor, Go Back to Start has hints added explaining the repercussions of pressing the clone button early, Toggle Tactics has a slightly more interesting ending).

Also, Toggled Chips has been removed, since it was kind of redundant to keep both it and the revised Toggle Tactics.

Sorry for all the inconveniences this update will surely cause, both for players and the CCLP1 staff... I don't mind if the "new" levels can't be considered for CCLP1 - I would've waited until after CCLP1 to do this update, but by that point more people probably would've played the old version, which would've caused more score files to be ruined...

The set has been updated here and at pie guy's site.
Mike L

My level sets: