Level 100- One Tank's Adventure
The only thing I need to do and can't is get the blue key. There is a south force floor right next to it. The only way to bypass the force floor to get the key is to either place two blocks underneath which is impossible, or use the block by the red door and the fireballs, hence the hint. Here is my problem: Because of the glider that periodically opens the trap and it is impossible to stop it, every fireball I clone all go into the water. No matter how many I clone and no matter how I try to manipulate the green toggle doors, they still all go into the water. So it seems the only way to prevent that is to put the block in the water, but if I do that I have no block whatsoever to block the force floor to get the blue key. 

I have been playing and replaying this level literally half of each day for almost a week. I am completely stumped. I don't understand how it is possible to get that key. Is there something simple I am missing? Does it somehow involve an expert Chipster move? Or does it require fast and frightening reflexes? If it is one or both of the latter two, then I am screwed.
Sounds like you're missing the fact that Chip is not the only one who can operate the clone buttons.
(27-Mar-2020, 5:19 PM)The Architect Wrote: Sounds like you're missing the fact that Chip is not the only one who can operate the clone buttons.
I understand that, but what can I possibly use to hit those clone buttons? The glider is trapped where it is. Once I clone fireballs they cannot escape and go into the clone button area. The first fireball clone machine is blocked. The tank can't go in there and even if it could, it is needed to hold open the trap in front of the exit. The only other thing I can use is blocks. The problem seems to be there isn't enough ice to make a block move continuously and keep hitting the buttons. Once a block hits one button it will stop. 

Even if I were to find a way to get something else to hit the clone buttons, how does that prevent the cloned fireballs from going into the water? How do I prevent that without pushing the block into the water, and hence, no block and fireballs to block the force floor. 

I still don't understand what I need to do to get that blue key. What else am I missing?
The tank can indeed go in there, and can get out again as well.

The rest should become clear when you solve that step.
Oh man you’re right, the bottom left teleport below the 3 teleports. After sending over a dozen blocks into that teleport, I should have realized the tank can go in there too and hit the buttons, then I manipulate the green toggle doors to get the cloned fireballs up to the block at the force floor instead of going into the water. Being the level is called what it is, it was really silly of me to not figure it out myself. I will replay it sometime tomorrow. Thank you!

On a side note, in the last week I have been solving levels I couldn’t months ago. I cannot speak for others, but it seems to me the best way to figure out levels I am stuck on is to take a break from the game, whether it be days, weeks or even months.
Always happy to help. :)

(28-Mar-2020, 9:56 PM)Syllypryde Wrote: On a side note, in the last week I have been solving levels I couldn’t months ago. I cannot speak for others, but it seems to me the best way to figure out levels I am stuck on is to take a break from the game, whether it be days, weeks or even months.
I've actually found this to be true of problem-solving in general.
I'm on 116 now, I did skip 75, 96, 108 and 109, but will go back to them the next time I get stuck.
Patrick Knowles II